Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The Sims  (Read 4939 times)

Drew Parrott

The Sims
« on: January 06, 2005, 03:44:56 AM »
I have a fairly new computer that has Microsoft 2000, but whenever i try to play the sims the computer doesn't show the game or make the sounds.  The only thing it does is show the game under processes in the tasklist.  My dad took off some stuff from my computer so i don't know if he took something important off or not.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: The Sims
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 12:52:29 PM »
Well, before I tell you any advice, I'll need your FULL system specs.... Memory, etc...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Corrosive

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 01:16:16 PM »
that has Microsoft 2000

Well there's your problem.

2000 is a part of the NT range, which is a very reliable operating system, surprisingly. The downside? The reason it get's this reliability is because - basically - it won't let you run all that much.

Get XP. I can flog you an upgrade for £89.99 where I work...

Computer_Commando

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 01:24:43 PM »
...2000 is a part of the NT range, which is a very reliable operating system, surprisingly. The downside? The reason it get's this reliability is because - basically - it won't let you run all that much...

Win2k-Pro and WinXP-Pro are virtually the same.  Both are based on the NT kernel.  

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 01:55:17 PM »
Well, did you look at the box first, to make sure that your system was compatible?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Corrosive

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 11:49:59 AM »
But, Computer Commando, XP (and XP Pro) have some extra additions which take some elements from the 9x series so that both branches (NT and 9x) could be merged to form one solid but friendly OS.

MS tried (and failed) to do this with 2000, which is why ME came about.

However, I must say that I have made a mistake. According to EA, the Sims 2 is in fact compatible with 2000. My bad.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 02:08:08 PM »
Well, did you look at the box first, to make sure that your system was compatible?

[glb]Flame[/glb]