Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is this possible...  (Read 2612 times)

thetrippster

Is this possible...
« on: January 16, 2008, 10:03:40 AM »
I admin a call of duty 4 server,(im getting to the dos part) we wish to run the server in low grav modes 24/7...the gravity is reset after each map change(we dont know why it dosent stay set). I need to know if its possible to make a batch that sends key strokes to the server console every 2 mins or so and resets the gravity. Im trying to use a batch because a standard macro that moves the mouse, would render my computer unusable. please help if its possible....

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Is this possible...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 11:51:56 AM »
Only way I know is through a macro which you dont want because it will take mouse and keyboard functionality, but if the server is a stand alone server hosting the games, the loss of keyboard and Mouse control shouldnt matter every 2 minutes. You could create a series of tasks in windows task scheduler to trigger every 2 minutes.

When I had my UT99-DM Server running macros, I had it stand alone for this main reason ( loss of keyboard and mouse ).

As far as BATCH... I dont know of any batch that could be made unless you knew the service to start and stop and available switches /r /s etc that are supported for a forced configuration. Then if you could make a batch that did this every 2 minutes, you would need the CHOICE command with a timeout and goto loop to have it in a closed loop like a TSR ( Terminate and Stay Resident )

I'd contact the company that made the game and ask if there is a configuration or database file that can be forced to a value for a parameter from its default value. Then upon the next map loading it should be fixed.

Dave