Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Want to Recover Older Version of a File  (Read 3015 times)

trailrunners

Want to Recover Older Version of a File
« on: January 06, 2005, 07:50:39 AM »
I accidently saved over a file and now I can't access the file.  What I want to do is go back to the previous day and open the older file from the previous day.

I once used a program I believe that allowed me to somehow open an older version of the file.  I would lose any saves I made that day, but could still get the file open from the previous day.  Does anyone know what this program is or how to do this?  Any help greatly appreciated! :-/

Computer_Commando

Re: Want to Recover Older Version of a File
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 08:11:14 AM »
I accidently saved over a file and now I can't access the file...

What program were you using when you "saved over the file"?

trailrunners

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 08:25:20 AM »
Actually, I was using NBALIVE2005.  What I did, was save over my season file with a roster file.  Now, I can't access my season at all.  It seems like all the data should be there, it is just called a roster file now as opposed to a season file.  Looking in the folder, it looks just like another season file I have.  All of the same files are in the folder.

When you go to the Load/Save screen in NBALive2005, there is a button on the upper left that says Load File and one at the upper right that says Save Roster.  I meant to push the Load File button to load the Season, but accidently  :o ??? :-[ pushed the Save Roster button.  This saved the Season file as a Roster file.  Now I can't open my Season that I spent a lot of time on.  Seems like there should be a way to open the season here.  Maybe edit a .dbf file?  Not sure.... :'(
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 08:26:21 AM by trailrunners »

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 12:14:51 PM »
    1. We all hate lectures but back up your data! Now you know why!
    2. Are roasters and seson files different file types, if you know?
    3. Can you actually see your old file but not open it or has it gone?
    4. Did you overwrite/save over it or delete it? It seems a bit strange (and rather poor programming) not to present a confirmation message when overwriting files.