Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My perfect filing system keeps juggling files....!!!  (Read 2372 times)

redhead2

Topic Starter

Rookie
    My perfect filing system keeps juggling files....!!!
    « on: January 14, 2008, 03:22:16 AM »
    Hi guys..... me again!  ::)

My Docs files on my PC are always in alphabetical order...... however, on my Laptop I always have to switch them to display icons in 'name' order, which to me is a pain!!  I wish I could permanently have them in name order when I open My Docs..... can anyone help me to do this please?

I will love you 4ever!!   (I do now BTW!)

Thanjk you....
    Pauline

neljan

Adviser

• Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: My perfect filing system keeps juggling files....!!!
    « Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 03:37:05 AM »
    We love you too...  :-*

I take it you're refering to the start menu doc's folder? have you tried auto arrange? (right click anywhere in the open folder & tick the auto arrange & the name so you have a 'o' next to 'name' & a tick next to 'auto arrange')

redhead2

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 05:36:18 AM »
      We love you too...  :-*

I take it you're refering to the start menu doc's folder? have you tried auto arrange? (right click anywhere in the open folder & tick the auto arrange & the name so you have a 'o' next to 'name' & a tick next to 'auto arrange')

Aaaahhhhh yes, that did it...... thank you neljan...... you are a treasure.... :-*

neljan

Adviser

• Yes
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 05:37:04 AM »
      My pleasure treasure!