Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Messenger hotmail inbox annoyance  (Read 3203 times)

neljan

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Messenger hotmail inbox annoyance
« on: January 18, 2008, 03:21:17 AM »
Sorry if this is in the wrong section...

I use messenger to access my hotmail emails whereby I right click the little fella in my taskbar to open a little menu, then click on 'E-Mail inbox'.

But, when my inbox opens, it's always a very narrow, very long, very annoying little window which I have to take all the trouble to maximize myself.

I know that with other applications you can choose to run them mazimised by using properties but with messenger when you right click E-Mail inbox, it opens (In a very narrow, very long, very annoying little window).

Ok so it's not really a problem, but it's been going on a year now & enough's enough!

I WILL NOT BE BULLIED BY A 16x16pxls LITTLE MAN TELLING ME I MUST VIEW MY MESSAGES THE WAY HE WANTS ME TO ANYMORE!!!

please?

nibblit

Rookie

Re: Messenger hotmail inbox annoyance
    « Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 06:35:30 AM »
    Hey, im not quite sure how to fix this, broni or one of the other mods would probably know cause there computer geniuses but i can try and help :P . Ok, if its like a tiny 16x16 screen whenever you open up internet explorer then the settings in internet explorer must have changed somehow. If it only happens with MSN or hotmail then maybe you could try re-installing the MSN client. If that doesn't work then maybe you could try switching the hotmail inbox settings to either the older view or the newer veiw, if you know what i mean by that. You could also contact the MSN support team through the help section. Well i hope i have helped you, good luck :D

neljan

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 08:15:27 AM »
    Hi Nibblit

No I think you gave some good practical advice which solved my problem, thank you.

I removed/reinstalled messenger & it sorted it. It still doesn't open maximized, but this time when I stretched the window to a bigger size, it remembered the next time I opened it.

I still think it's weird how when you open a window & mazimize it, windows remembers your preference & the next time you open that window/application it does open maximized but somehow this doesn't happen with messenger (for me).

I've had to just stretch the window to the size of the screen & then close it & it works.

That's enough... it's boring me now.

Thanks again

nibblit

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 06:31:37 PM »
      No problem :P, computers can do some strange things sometimes :-\