Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems Finding Driver For _NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A  (Read 11626 times)

AlexTheGreat89

Problems Finding Driver For _NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A
« on: January 09, 2005, 01:28:47 PM »
Okay, for about 3 weeks now, ive have been trying to locate a updated driver for my _NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A drive.  I have looked on the NEC website and all over the web but i cannont locate the correct driver for it. Please help. The reason i have to update it is because the drive is not reconized by my computer anymore. I have already tried updating it from going into properties of the drive, but it cannont locate one.

Thanks in advanced,
Alex

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Problems Finding Driver For _NEC DVD+RW ND-110
    « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 01:43:04 PM »
    AlexTheGreat89......Well I don't know what operating system your using ......but if you go to the link I have provided ....you will find one for win 98 and one for Win XP .......
    http://members.driverguide.com/index.php?action=dosearch&qm0=ND-1100A&qa6=716&dp=2&sm=b&jmd=and

let us know ......

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 01:43:56 PM »
    Alright, so you've already seen the manufacturer's website then..... Do this...... Go to your device manager.... Next, find the folppy drive in there.... Right-click on it, and hit update drivers.... (Make sure that you are connected to the internet when you do this)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

AlexTheGreat89

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 02:01:01 PM »
    Okay, dl65,  I downloaded the file and it unziped it, and then it ran the program "NEC Firmware FLash Utility for ND-1100A" ,  but it says target drive is not found, and it the drive i need to update is not listed in the little window.  ??

AlexTheGreat89

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 02:06:01 PM »
    Oh, and im using "Windows XP Proffesional"

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 02:25:38 PM »
      AlexTheGreat89...You say that if you go into "My Computer " that the drive ......(dvd -rw ) isn't seen . So try this........shut down the pc ......open the case and physically unplug the wide ide cable and the 4 pin power supply from the back of the dvd-rw drive......
      I am assuming that the jumpers on your cd  drives ( if you have more than 1 are set correctly ) Now power up the pc and check to see that the dvd drive isnt listed ......
      The shut down again .......plug the IDE cable back in and replace the 4 pin power cable .....now restart your pc ......when It boots up you should see a small box appear down in the lower right corner which will say Windows has detected new hardware installed....Then it will continue loading and you shoulld see the message new hardware installed ( or something like that .....) Now go into "My Computer " and it should be listed there as DVD-RW .....bla bla bla

let us know

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 02:28:06 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

AlexTheGreat89

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 03:36:46 PM »
      Did Exactly that, and it didnt ask me to install hardware or anything. My computer knows there is a Drive there, but it dosent show up in my computer and when i put CD's or anything in it, it dosent do anything. Would it work if i tried to install original drivers from the CD's my computer came with ?  I have a Dell, and i really dont like calling there customer service, lol.

AlexTheGreat89

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 04:18:30 PM »
      well, i called dell, and we determined that it was a faulty IDE cable... so they are sending me a new one for free, lol.  Thanks for your help dl65,  Hopefully this will fix the problem.