Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: built my own pc  (Read 2294 times)

sam_the_deer

built my own pc
« on: January 18, 2008, 06:16:00 AM »
im pretty good with computers.. i have put together multiple systems with very few problems all of which were solvable. but now i have gone out and bought the most rediculous parts i could and whacked them together (not litteraly). anyway put everything together and BAM no loading, no nothing all the fans go on watercooling goes disk drive goes and im pretty sure my hdd goes but kinda hard to tell over fan noise and i think i can feel it vibrating but it could be the watercooling. also my graphics cards are running (though the fans take a few seconds to start but then are running fine). the worst part is no beeps and im pretty sure that the speaker plug in to the MB. so at the end of all this i have no display it isnt even regonising that it is plugged in.. it does a seach for a few seconds between anolog and dig. but nothing is there. i tried all the different ports on the back of the graphics cards but to no avail :(.
im fresh out of ideas and any will help. im am going away for a couple of days tomorrow so i will reply to any replys when i return.. thanks for any imput.

Parts list:
Asus P5N-T-DELUXE Nforce 780I

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 (3.0Ghz/Kentsfield/4MBx2/1333FSB/EMT64/XD/Quad Core)

2X XFX PV-T80F-SHF9 Geforce 8800GTX, 768MB

2X Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5 XTREME MEMORY SPEED 4GB (2x XMS2 2GB) PC-6400 (800MHz) DDR2 RAM

Samsung 226BW Wide TFT Monitor - Black, Max. Resolution 1680x1050, 2ms Response Time

SONY DRU840A Internal IDE 20x Dual Layer DVD Multi Drive

Thermaltake VA8000BWSA Armor Full Tower Case

Thermaltake W0133 Toughpower 1200W PSU, 14cm Silent Fan, Quad Core Ready

Western Digital WD4000AAKS 400gb 7200rpm 16mb SATAII/300, NCQ

Thermaltake CL-W0121 Bigwater 760i Liquid Cooling System

jbrulz

Re: built my own pc
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 07:35:34 AM »
Thats the same problem i have. all i've found is that if the motherboard doesnt beep when you take the memory out it's cactus. i'm taking mine to a computer guy tomorrow and see what they can do about it

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 08:19:37 AM »
Time for a benchtest...
Remove all components including the MBoard.
Place the MBoard on a rubber mat or a piece of cardboard.
Connect only the following:

CPU
Heatsink and Fan
1 stick of RAM
Vid Card
Monitor
Keyboard and Mouse.
PSU.

Power up and see if it posts.
If it doesn't you'll need to borrow another vid card and swap it in there to make sure it's not a dead card. Even though the fan runs the card could still be DOA.

If it posts add one component at a time doing a shutdown and cold boot each time and continue til you find the culprit...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jbrulz

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 04:24:52 PM »
What is the power supply

Deerpark

Egghead
    « Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 04:41:22 PM »
    Please start your own thread if you have any questions jbrulz. It gets confusing to help more than one person in a thread.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

jbrulz

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 04:52:20 PM »
    i did start on just minutes before this on appeared!