Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Im sick of it! Can anybody help?  (Read 4439 times)

Ravage777

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Im sick of it! Can anybody help?
    « on: January 18, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »
    I am so totally disgusted with the worlds will to torment anything related to computer activity for the purpose of draining peoples belief energy simply because after enough frustration and aggravation they unconciously choose to use the grey matter belief energy to avoid the problem.
    Every freakin aspect of computers has become an utter torment to deal with because some freaks someplace using the word or something seek to drain the usage of that belief energy into the internet so they can use the mass mind energy for thier own desires.
    (Reference "Art Bell" the radio talk show host and his experiment using mass mind right before they shut him down and his kid got kidnapped and raped therefore causing him to no longer choose to go on the air with his radio broadcast any longer) >:(
    Anyhow i used to run my computer for a few years back in 02-04 and i used the same mouse i had then as i do now but then my mouse would shut down every time i shut off my comp.
    I got a new comp and i got a new mouse but its the same exact model as before although theres a serious difference.Before the mouse would turn off with the comp as afforementioned but now it wont.The computer tech says thats the way it works now and said it wouldnt cause the mouse to wear out in undue time.
    I game hardcore and before i used my mouse to rank in the top 100 of the world and it lasted for 2.5 years with no problem before i had to relocate.
    Now my mouse doesnt turn off and in less than a year the laser light is having problems by randomly dimming like a old flashlight starts doing and i know the reason is because it never turns off.This causes my mouse to jump to a different postion on the screen whenever the dimming effect occurs.
    My question is---Does any way exist for me to turn my mouse off when the computer shuts off like it used to back in the days of pentium 4 or is it so hardwired into the motherboard not to turn off that i am eternally screwed into purchasing a new mouse every 9-13 months instead of having a mouse that works for many years without a hitch like it used to?
    Any opinions would be appreciated because i am so totally fed up with the intentive torturous process that anything to do with computers or computer technology entails solely for the purpose of some d*** making the wireless technology work better than it should on the poor sap everyday joes belief energy sucked from him against his will. :'(

Thank you
    Sincerely
    Ravage777

homer

Expert
      Re: Im sick of it! Can anybody help?
      « Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 06:49:53 PM »
      wow. just wow. you could have simply stated your problem without you feeding us a bunch of crap.

Now my mouse doesnt turn off

then it must be a USB mouse and/or wireless correct? USB ports have constant power to them, thus making the device they are hooked up to stay on unless the device is wired/programmed to shut down once it receives a signal from the motherboard.

This causes my mouse to jump to a different postion on the screen whenever the dimming effect occurs.

do you have a mouse pad? what is your make/model of mouse?

Does any way exist for me to turn my mouse off when the computer shuts off like it used to

yes, shut down the comp via the power supply toggle switch.

Ravage777

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 07:03:54 PM »
        As for load of crap fat yellow dude,read up on what i said about art bell and the goverment pulling the plug during his continent wide experiment on mass mind and then 2 days after he got back on air his son got raped and he left claiming it was a permanent departure.
        Keep the derogatory comments to yourself buddy.
        Nonetheless thanks for the response though,i got a microsoft optical wired,
        its called intellimouse optical and i use it because its comfortable and has 5 buttons to utilize in my gaming.
        The mouse plugs in to the port for the mouse not in the standard usb port.
        That port on my old comp would allow it to turn off when the comp did but now it doesnt.
        Do you think this is a software thing or a motherboard hardwire or what?
        I do have a new motherboard now though but i still would like a way to turn it off when my comp shuts down so it doesnt wear out years ahead of its time.

Thankyou
        Sincerely
        Ravage777

Crafty

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 07:38:18 PM »
        I suggest you buy a new mouse and test it. Maybe something in that old mouse is keeping it switched on. But you say you have a new motherboard?

homer

Expert
          « Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 11:13:24 PM »
          Keep the derogatory comments to yourself buddy.

i apologize for my last statement, but you must remember, this is a computer help forum, not a conspiracy forum.

your mouse is a PS/2 mouse with 5 buttons? odd. are you sure it is not USB? what is the exact model number?

the only thing i can think of to check, would be your BIOS settings. check to see if there is an option for standby power for your PS/2 jacks.

litespeed14

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 03:29:19 AM »
            You can turn off the power or unplugg the mouse. It's made that way because I'v built several computers with that type of mouse. I believe mine were Logitech or Microsoft. But it doesnt seem to bother the people that have them now. So it's really up to you. Might want to replace it if it bothers you.

quaxo

Guru
              • Yes
            • Computer: Specs
            • Experience: Guru
            « Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 05:15:46 AM »
            Yep, that's pretty much how they work now. Your only options are:

1. Turn off the power supply
            2. Unplug the mouse
            3. Deal with it

Can you describe the surface you're using the mouse on? If it's an optical mouse, they don't work well on reflective or red surfaces.

Optical mice typically dim their light when they're not moving (to save power). If the surface you're using the mouse on isn't right for an optical mouse, it will behave exactly like you're describing (dimming when it should, moving incorrectly). The best surface for an optical mouse is a white, black, or blue mouse pad with a non-reflective surface.

And Homer is right, it's a help forum, not a place to discuss conspiracy theories. If you wish to discuss such things, please use the 'Other' topic board.

Ravage777

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 06:00:36 PM »
              My mouse is a microsoft intellimouse optical usb and ps/2 compatable and its plugged into a slot that comes from my motherboard.if the only way to keep my mouse from wearing out early is to turn off my power supply im good for that but will constantly flipping the on/off switch after i shut down everything wear out anything like the board or my vid cards?

I got a 1k bfg but i dont want any power surges wearing out my other stuff since im doing this to keep my mouse from wearing out prematurely.

The mouse goes dimm randomly even when i take the mouse and move it on its side and anytime it does this it throws my pointer accross the screen.I do have a new mouse pad because the only flat laser mouse pad bows and makes a crinkling sound as i use it so i threw it away.All the other laser only mouse pads have big gel crap on them and are thick like a quarter of an inch.So i got a national geographic from wallmart that says optical compatable.Its become next to impossible to find a non-cloth,non-thickness quality laser mouse pad.

my mouse has the regular 2 buttons the wheel button and 2 internet paging buttons additionally on the sides.

All the old little senile people dont hardly make gaming mice with all 5 buttons.They dont agree with the violence and other things in gaming as they go watch thier *censored* and eat theyre killed animal hamburgers.........

Ive seen mice for over 200$ in my gaming mag that dont even have 5 buttons and i had to special order this from microsoft because 3 stores including comp usa didnt have 5 buttons for theyre mice but they all had mouses over 75$.Mine cost 35$

Its something is loose in my mouse that causes it to dimm im sure of it.Kinda just like a flashlight does.I would like to hear of mouses doing it anyways just to be 100% sure because the previous version of this exact model lasted me almost 4 yaers without a hitch.this one has done this after only 9 months.I only got a new one because the buttons on the side werent as sensitive on the old one any longer but at least everything still worked right.

Thankyou
              Sincerely
              Ravage777

quaxo

Guru
                • Yes
              « Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 08:31:47 PM »
              You seem to be confused. An optical mouse and a laser mouse are not the same thing. Simply put, optical mouse uses a red light and a type of lens to read the red light on the mouse pad surface. A laser mouse uses a laser.

A laser mouse pad is designed to work optimally with a laser mouse, not an optical mouse. As I've read, but not tested, a laser mouse is supposed to work well on reflective surfaces as well.

On the other hand, an optical mouse will not function properly, if at all, on a reflective or even semi-reflective surface. The 'eye' can't see the light properly if it's reflected. It's not looking for the light only, it's looking for the surface as well. If it can't see the light on the surface (reflective or redish surfaces) it won't think it's moving, it will randomly shut off, and the cursor will jump all over the screen. I strongly believe this is the case here.

I've had the same Microsoft optical mouse on my desktop system for 3 years. It's a wired mouse and it still works as well as when I bought it and it stays on even when the system is off. I have a wireless Microsoft optical mouse on another system that I've had for 4 years. No problem there either.

If there's one thing I've found Microsoft can do right, it's make hardware.

Ravage777

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 02:33:04 PM »
                wow!
                I had no idea that optical mice and laser mice are different things.My mouse says optical and has a red light.
                My problems did start after i started using the mouse pad from national geographic that has a bengal tiger face.
                This has a reddish orange color to it.Im going to use my mouse pad from the comic book store even though since its a collecters item i had it where i could look at it instead of wear it out.If it works ill let you know.
                Is there any where i can go on the net that will give me a really comprehensive explanation of the difference between the 2 types of non-ball mouses?I dont like the ball kind because i hate getting waxed in a game and then realizing its time to clean the ball contacts is why.Its something i truly prefer to avoid now that technology has developed these kind.

Thankyou
                Sincerely
                Ravage777

Ravage777

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 03:06:53 PM »
                  Is the color important for a red light optical mouse if its only white with black lines intermittently because it hasnt stopped doing it at all?
                  Now it dimms after it sits for about a half sec instead of occasionally like it did before nly when i was moving it around.

Thankyou
                  Sincerely
                  Ravage777

quaxo

Guru
                    • Yes
                  « Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 05:00:38 PM »
                  I believe two or three times I've said the dimming is NORMAL. It does this to prevent wear and tear on the mouse when it isn't moving and save power (especially with battery powered wireless models). This feature cannot be disabled or changed in most mice.

A bengal tiger is redish orange, this will most likely cause problems with an optical mouse. The black and white surface shouldn't present tracking problems. Is your movement normal now?

While they function in a similar manner (using light to monitor surface movement) the main noticeable difference is that you most likely won't notice the light from a laser mouse unless you're looking straight in the lens (THIS IS NOT ADVISABLE. After all, it is a laser.)  A typical optical mouse usually uses a red LED to illuminate the surface. Other than being rather bright, it is harmless to the eye.

Wikipedia has an article about mice, including non-mechanical types.
                  « Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 05:18:53 PM by quaxo »

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  • Experience: Beginner
                  « Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 07:30:19 PM »
                  Find a fairly decent pair of Levi's you don't intend to wear ever again and cut a piece of them out to the size you want your mouse pad to be...
                  You can go one step further and use velcro tabs to keep it in one spot on the desk...
                  You won't be dissappointed in the performance.
                  " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

quaxo

Guru
                    • Yes
                  « Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 09:38:28 PM »
                  Or buy a mouse pad of similar color and texture (like mine  :P).

Like I said before, an ideal mouse pad for an optical mouse should be blue (red's opposite), black, or white with a non-reflective flat colored surface. If you don't like cloth surfaced mouse pads, they make rubber ones that are ideal.