Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Copying Music Between iPods  (Read 6626 times)

prettyprincesss

Topic Starter

Rookie

Copying Music Between iPods
    « on: January 20, 2008, 02:15:58 PM »
    My sister has music on her iPod that she got from a friend's iTunes library. I can obviously see her music when her iPod is connected to my iTunes library.   I've been told that on a PC I could open her library folder and manually copy it to my library but I don't know if that is true and if it is how to do it on a Mac.  Is there any other way of copying her music off her iPod to my iTunes library without me having to burn a cd of her music and then manually adding it?

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Copying Music Between iPods
    « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 01:38:26 PM »
    Unfortunately, this is illegal to do. You cannot legally share music in this matter.
    We cannot assist you in doing this. Burned music is only for personal use, and cannot be shared with a third part or anyone else but the person who purchased the computer.

bonaventure

Rookie

Re: Copying Music Between iPods
      « Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 05:21:53 AM »
      it happened to me when i had a new ipod but a friend told me that i cannot copy a song from other ipod to my itunes library. but i found out that there is a software were you can copy other music from other ipod to your itunes library. try idump. just try it i forgot what the name of the software coz im not using it any more.