Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ESET Online scan; Update error (108)  (Read 4783 times)

Tmc240

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

ESET Online scan; Update error (108)
    « on: January 20, 2008, 03:30:24 PM »
    Hello again,
    Incidentals; Gateway
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
    Panda I. S. 2007
    (K8) Athlon 64/Opteron HyperTransport Technology Configuration
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ @ 2400 MHz
    2048 MB (4 x 512 DDR-SDRAM )
    Nvidia Corp GeForce 8600 GTS
    DirectX : Version 9.0c

I tried to use the ESET scan; since I've seen the link on several posts here. I clicked yes to the terms. I was then prompted to install an Active X control. I've tried to install the Active X several times over the last several hours.

After I click install; I get one Eset scan start screen; after pressing Start; I get another start screen. After pressing start; the scan page opens and freezes with the Update error (108).

I turned off the pop up blocker, and the phishing filter, and even turned off my Antivirus and firewall for a few minutes; with the same results from Eset. I think the Active X control isn't down loading for some reason.

I'm not worried about spyware perse. My Panda I.S. 07 is about to expire and I'm thinking of switching to another A.V. program just wanted to sample Eset's scan tools.

I've had Panda for 2 years. It has worked reasonably well. That is I haven't had any trouble with viruses. Still I'm not too happy with their online support.

Thanks;
    Tmc240
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 03:08:21 PM by Tmc240 »
    " Truth is the offspring of silence and unbroken meditation." Isaac Newton.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: ESET Online scan; Update error (108)
    « Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 08:55:02 PM »
    Try to install ESET plug-in in Safe Mode.
    You may also post HijackThis log to see what, eventually may be blocking that install.

Tmc240

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: ESET Online scan; Update error (108)
      « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 03:06:59 PM »
      Thanks for the response Broni,

The scan went through the next day; and it didn't find anything.

I'll post a high jackthis log in another post, one of these days. It's been a long while since I posted one. I depend on Ad aware and Spybot S D to keep most spy ware off this PC. I run those programs every day.

Thanks again.
      Tmc.
      " Truth is the offspring of silence and unbroken meditation." Isaac Newton.