Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cannot open control panel, cant log in anywhere  (Read 2780 times)

sherry aldrich

cannot open control panel, cant log in anywhere
« on: January 09, 2005, 02:41:22 PM »
i cant open my computer to my tools, cant open control and when i try to log in to see email or games or anything that requires a sign in i cant. using windows me.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: cannot open control panel, cant log in anywher
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 03:09:25 PM »
Alright, well, what happens? Does it give you an error message? Does the system freeze? Does it give you a BLANK window? Please be more specific....

[glb]Flame[/glb]

sherry aldrich

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 05:53:30 PM »
thank you for your help. ok when i try to access anything that has a login there is no place to log into. Like msn zone. there is no title bar such as home, support and so on. when i  try to log into  my control panel the screen pulls up the box that says control panel but it never opens it gives this error. Explorer has caused an error in <unknown>. Elplorer will now close.  

If you continue to experience problems, try  restarting your computer. Then when i click on the x to close the error the control panel window comes up but never loads.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 06:18:15 PM »
Ok. Well, I hate doing it, but I have to do this when it is needed..... It sounds like you have a Windows problem.... Now, I had Windows ME at one time, and had many problems... You would be better off erasing your hard disk, and installing Windows XP, rather than ME. I'm sorry. Windows ME just never should have been released. But, it was, and now it will cause you grief. Please reply...

[glb]Flame[/glb]