Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: desync in games plz help  (Read 4248 times)

Crafty

desync in games plz help
« on: January 22, 2008, 03:24:06 PM »
Ok this is driving me mad. I have a 4 meg connection and i am constantley getting desynec in games. Nobody else on the server is getting this, so its obviously got somthing to do with my connection. Problem is i dont know what to do to stop it. I have tried rebooting my cable modem, but no luck. Anyone got any idears what would be causing this? Thanks!

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: desync in games plz help
    « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 04:25:24 PM »
    What games?
    What do you mean by desynced? Are you getting disconnected, are you lagging, etc?
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 04:31:01 PM »
    The first thing to do would be to contact your ISP to make sure it's not a problem on their end.

Crafty

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:03:05 PM »
    If its not at there end what could it be.

Yes i mean lagging. The game is Armed assault.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    « Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 09:33:17 PM »
    If it's not their end, it could be a great many things. Call them first, see what they say, then we'll move from their if it's something they can't fix.

Crafty

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 11:18:01 AM »
    Ok i called them and they say its not at there end, so what do i need to do now. Thanks!

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    « Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »
    What exactly did they tell you? Did they offer any solutions? What exactly did they have you try?

1. Go to Speedtest.net. Test at the location nearest you and a location very far from you. Post the results from both tests here. Each test completes and gives you a picture link, post that here. The next time you experience a latency problem, immediately perform speed tests to the same locations and post those too.

2. Need to know a lot more about your computer. What OS? Full hardware specs, router/modem specs, games you're having trouble with, ISP company... the more you provide the easier it is to help.

Example picture link:
    Code: [Select]
    [URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/225699634.png[/IMG][/URL]Looks like this: