Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: regarding task manager and command prompt  (Read 2926 times)

sree

Topic Starter

Beginner

regarding task manager and command prompt
    « on: January 23, 2008, 04:51:58 AM »
    hello friends,

I am using HP system with windowsXP SP2 Operating System. Recently it was corrupted and i reinstalled my OS, wright now am unable to access Task Manager and Command Prompt. Tried to rectify this by changing in gpedit.msc but it didn't effect on that.

The message i am receiving was "Administrator disabled the Task Manager " same with CMD also coming. can any one please give your suggestions to rectify this ..........

Deerpark

Egghead
      Re: regarding task manager and command prompt
      « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 04:56:07 AM »
      This could possibly be a malware infection. Some viruses have been known to disable Task Manager and the Command Prompt.
      What protection software do you currently have installed? (Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Firewall, etc)
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: regarding task manager and command prompt
      « Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 08:04:06 AM »
      From MS:

1. Verity that the "Local Group Policy" or "Domain Group Policy" doesn’t block you from using

"Task Manager".

1.1 "Local Group Policy"

a. Go to "Start" -> "Run" -> Write "Gpedit.msc" and press on "Enter" button.

b. Navigate to "User Configuration" -> "Administrative Templates" -> "System" -> "Ctrl+Alt+Del Options"

c. In the right side of the screen verity that "Remove Task Manager"" option set to "Disable" or "Not Configured".

d. Close "Gpedit.msc" MMC.

e. Go to "Start" -> "Run" -> Write "gpupdate /force" and press on "Enter" button.

Note: If you are using Windows 2000, please follow KB q227302 instead stage "e".

Using SECEDIT to Force a Group Policy Refresh Immediately
                      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q227302/

" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "