Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Quick Help (semi-complicated??)  (Read 2902 times)

Aiyo

Quick Help (semi-complicated??)
« on: January 23, 2008, 10:50:43 PM »
I want to make a batch file where you type in a username and password and enter it and it opens a link and submits it then runs a java command within that page. I have previous knowledge in batch programming, but I wouldnt know how to do this. (using windows XP)

Link to submit info to: http://gunbound.ijji.com/index.nhn
java command to execute after login: javascript:goPlay('u_gbound', '');
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 11:03:17 PM by Aiyo »

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
Re: Quick Help (semi-complicated??)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 07:52:38 AM »
It's unclear what you want to do. A batch file could prompt for a username and password and if correct launch the website. Batch code cannot pass the username and password to fill in fields on the web page much less click a button.

You would need a scripting language that can create an instance of the browser, navigate to the web page, fill in the name and password fields and click on the sign in button. This is not particularly hard to do, but you would need the source listing of the page to get the names of the userid and password fields and the name of the sign in button.

I would suggest VBScript because it's already installed on your machine, but any Windows scripting language should be able to do this.

8)

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

Aiyo

Re: Quick Help (semi-complicated??)
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 10:17:43 PM »
ok thanks