Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless keyboard and mouse not working  (Read 2230 times)

MarleneD

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Wireless keyboard and mouse not working
    « on: January 23, 2008, 04:48:16 PM »
    I've tried to install a wireless mouse and keyborad without any success.  It's a Microsoft laser mouse 6000 and keyboard is 6000v2 (or I could have gotten those two switched).  I have a wireless antenna connected by ethernet directly to my computer (Dell 4700) for internet connection (it's a wirless company where we were assigned our own network).  Could the wireless antenna be interfering with the wireless device driving the wireless mouse and keyboard?  I've pressed the button on the device to switch channels, but nothing happens.  The device is situated about 2 feet from the wireless antenna, but it's plugged into a usb port that's close to the wireless antenna's ethernet plug.  I've tried switching the wireless device to the usb port on the front of the computer also with no results.  Any ideas? Solutions?
    Thanks.

nickc1976

Intermediate

Re: Wireless keyboard and mouse not working
      « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 05:29:32 AM »
      I don't think the wireless network adapter will be effecting the keyboard and mouse, you could try disabling it in Network Connections to be sure.

Does your wireless keyboard and mouse have a device which plus into your USB port? I presume it does. Try unplugging this, then plugging it back in - does your PC tell you it has found a new piece of hardware? Also, wireless keyboards and mice usually contain batteries, do yours? and do they need to be replaced?
      http://www.pc-citadel.com - PC and Laptop repairs upgrades and customization