Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound card issue...HELP!!  (Read 2048 times)

FT13

Sound card issue...HELP!!
« on: January 23, 2008, 06:21:20 PM »
I used to have an Epox 8rda+ motherboard and i used my Terratec EWX 24/96 soundcard forever with it.

Then the Epox's bios chip died or something, so i got an Asus A7N8X that i found by chance.

I popped in the Terratec, installed the drivers for WinXP Pro as well as the software for it and off i went.

For some reason, its not being recognized..or so it seems.

When you open the sound properties, youll get this first:

See where at the top it says the company name/maker of the soundcard? Well, on my system it says "No Audio Device".

But yet, when you click on this tab:

From the drop down boxes, its totally selectable!!!

And yet, even in Device Manager, it says its "working properly".

Its confusing the *censored* out of me why its doing this!!!!

So, as it stands right now, im stuck using the onboard soundcard on the Asus, which is HORRIBLE!!

Can someone help me out??

-Sin

litespeed14

Beginner

Re: Sound card issue...HELP!!
    « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:28:43 AM »
    If you know your speakers are fine and volume is not low/mute. Then check your CMOS settings. I see your board has the onboard sound chip (Realtek ALC650). This should be turned off in CMOS. Make sure your sound card is seated properly and do not charge with ESD. Reload drivers, remember to reboot after making hardware/software changes.

If your Device Manager still shows everything okay afterward (and there is still a problem). I would look more in the hardware area, making sure all the neccessary drivers were loaded into your "sound, video and game controllers"  and then move onto card, speakers, connection switch slots, test all seperatly from each other and/or computer when possible...etc.   

Onboard Audio Sound Chip:
    Realtek¨ ALC650 6CH w/built in HP amplifier
    Integrated APU (Audio Processor Unit, Deluxe Model)
    SoundStormú / Dolby¨ Digital (AC-3) Encoder (Deluxe Model)

Not a bad sound chip at all. Depending on your needs tho.

With the info you provided, thats about all I can suggest at the momment.
    Good Luck,
    -Jay
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 07:52:58 AM by litespeed14 »

FT13

Re: Sound card issue...HELP!!
    « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 08:38:14 AM »
    i have indeed tried disabling the Realtek in the bios screen, but to no avail.

*SPAM*...so annoying!!

-Sin