Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Folder in PST file disappeared without warning!  (Read 2964 times)

itsalltrue

Folder in PST file disappeared without warning!
« on: January 24, 2008, 01:11:20 AM »
I have a problem with a local PST file. A very large folder in the PST is suddenly gone.

I take email items that are in my server email inbox and move them into a folder called "01 Processed Email" in the local PST file. This folder is quite large. The file itself is 1.9 gig.

Today, after working for 4-5 hours in Outlook and actually forwarding something from the "01 Processed Email" folder, that folder is completely GONE. The PST file is still there and it's still 1.9 gig in size. But the folder "01 Processed Email" is gone. All other folders are there.

I looked for it within other folders but can't find it. I do NOT remember ever seeing anything that would suggest I accidentally deleted it (such as a confirmation "Are you sure you want to delete this?"). Furthermore, there is nothing in my Deleted Items.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could have happened? My IT team tried to restore an image of my hard drive from early in the day but that still did not bring back those messages.

Please help!!

Thank you so much!

litespeed14

Beginner

Re: Folder in PST file disappeared without warning!
    « Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 02:08:02 PM »
    I do not have as much experience as a friend of mine has w/outlook and other smtp's, pop3 servers and IMAP's. But I can provide a link to some great programs all in one that we both use. It has alot of info on "personal storage files" and "online personal storage files".. and troubleshooting those programs as well as offering alternatives.

-Jay

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Folder in PST file disappeared without warning!
    « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 02:10:42 PM »
    If you're using Outlook 2000 I can tell you right now what the issue is.

Outlook 2000 pst's have major issues as soon as they near 2 gigs.  My advice to you: backup your pst asap and then copy all folders over to a new pst.  Get rid of what you don't need.

(this is all assuming you are using 2000)

Also, give us more info on your system... what os are you running, etc