Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows XP keep restarting itself  (Read 4593 times)

brownchik

windows XP keep restarting itself
« on: January 31, 2008, 08:05:50 PM »
after hearing about this site(experts) from one of my friend, i decided to give my old computer new life. i have old as from year 2000 compaq armada m 300 series. with 20 GB HDD and 128MB RAM. last year something goes wrong with one of uninstallation programme and it started giving all kind of problem so formated it and reinstall windows xp. it workded well for about two month and than it started giving same kind of problem

since it started keep restarting itself. i tried to fix by following some FAQ on this site for stopping windows xp restarting itself when it will encounter problem. now finally the laptop is showing blue screen with following message on it.
========================================
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again.follow thise steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver update. try changing video adapters.

Cjeck with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shasoeing. if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup optoins. and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:
***STOP:0x0000008E  (0xc0000005,0x80611B91,0xFA34D920,0x00000000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
physical memory dump complete. contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

===========================

i use this computer just for internet browsing. other applications on this computer are winzip, norton,ms office and ie6 thats it.

please help me fix this problem.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: windows XP keep restarting itself
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 08:29:43 PM »
If you Google this error, it brings hundreds of hits, with all kind of possibilities.
Most common culprit, though, seems to be faulty RAM.
You may start here: http://www.memtest86.com/ to test your RAM.
Click on "Technical Info" for instructions.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 05:46:02 PM »
Also, your using XP with 128MB of RAM?
Now, this wont necessarily cause this specific issue, however, it will cause XP to run like... junk.

Did the problem start immediately at the install of XP? Did you try reformatting again?

devil_himself

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 10:39:21 PM »
    Navigate To C:\Windows\Minidump
    Zip some of the recent minidumps and attach them here