Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Virtual PC 2007 Sound Driver for VISTA???  (Read 5064 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Virtual PC 2007 Sound Driver for VISTA???
« on: January 25, 2008, 03:54:41 PM »
Hello,

Checking to see if anyone has installed VISTA Business Edition to a Virtual PC 2007 environment yet to know what Sound Driver works for VISTA in the virtual OS environment. The Soundblaster 16 AWE32 defualt that works for all prior OS does not work with VISTA, yet it works for the prior OS with no problems from Windows 95 to XP.

I am creating Virtual Systems so I can have any OS at will on my system running XP Pro native, since I HATE VISTA, but I have to support it!!!!

Vista reminds me of the Windows Me release...horrible!!!

Thanks,

Dave

spydaz

Re: Virtual PC 2007 Sound Driver for VISTA???
    « Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:30:42 AM »
    First you need to download the virtual server RC1.

Then Find the iso For the virtual additions(virtualservers Version)

On the Vista Machine install the original Virtual machine additions, (Restart a couple of times)
    Then : insert the updated Virtualmachine additions Installing Over the previous Version.....
    Restart  a few times.....

Hey presto..... Working,,,

You nay need to uninstall the virtual server product after extracting the iso, as you also need to install it to get the iso..... REMEMBER that you can also KEEP VHDMOUNT for mounting the VHD's into YOUR WINDOWS OS.....

Chrisxs5

Hopeful
    • Sup!?
      • Where we learn IT daily!
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 02:19:03 PM »
    Sounds like you need to find a compatible Vista driver for it. Also if you think you hate Vista now, what until you get a look at Windows 7.
    Check out my blog: http://vitrookie.com

System, Network, Virtualization, Storage, ETC Admin with a bunch of certs and an ego trip!

spydaz

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 02:56:28 PM »
      Windows 7 installs fine on virtual pc!

my problem was getting silly old win95 to boot.... keeps giving windows protection error... all other windows except bob works

All way back to windows 1...