Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Asus Nvidia EN8800 Video card when load drivers get bluse screen of death  (Read 6412 times)

rpwerner

Bought a new EN8800 gt 512 works in vga mode fine but soon as I load the drivers or the newest off the Asus site I get the blue screen of death every time I reboot then after a few seconds it just reboots. I have tryed to contact Asus 2 times and no answer. Here is my system, thanks for the help.
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600
Gigabyte GA-X38_DQ6 motherboard
Corsair mem 4gigs XMS2
WD SATA HARD DRIVE 500GB
Asus EN8800GT/G/HTDP/512M

Deerpark

Egghead
    What windows version?
    Please post the info you get on the blue screen. (See the red boxes on the screen shot below.)
    Have you tried the newest driver from Nvidia?

If your computer is rebooting automatically you can do the following to disable it.
    Start the computer in normal mode and let it crash and reboot.
    Tap F8 reaptedly during the bootup. This should bring you to the "Windows Advanced Options Menu".
    From this menu select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and press enter.
    Select XP as the operation system to start and hit enter.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

rpwerner

Sorry I have Vista 64 Ultima. As I stated before have tryed the lastest verison from their web site still the same. The blue screen cycle thru to fast to read have tryed hitting pause/break will not stop the screen. Still no reply from Asus. posted to them on the 25th, bad service.
    Thanks Rolf

Deerpark

Egghead
      These steps should also work for Vista and will stop windows from rebooting once it hits the BSoD.
      If your computer is rebooting automatically you can do the following to disable it.
      Start the computer in normal mode and let it crash and reboot.
      Tap F8 reaptedly during the bootup. This should bring you to the "Windows Advanced Options Menu".
      From this menu select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and press enter.
      Select XP as the operation system to start and hit enter.
      You said you've tried the newest from Asus... how about the newest from Nvidia? After all they're the ones who actually made the GPU on that graphics card and wrote the drivers for it.

rpwerner

Thank you Deerpark. That got it so I could read the blue screen and here is what it said:
      A problem has been detected & windows shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
      A driver has overrun a stack-based buffer. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of your computer.
      Try disable bios memory options such as cashing or shadowing.

tech info.

*** stop 0x000000f7 ( 0xcdced9d64b8251d4, 0x00002b992ddfa232, 0xffffd466d2205dcd, 0x000000000000000)

I looked in the bios and the was no option for video memory at all let alone caching or shadowing.
      I finily called ASUS and they said to just return the card, but I have a funny feeling the new one would do the same.  I loaded the latest driver from Nvida still the same.  Any ideas?     Thanks for help   Rolf

Deerpark

Egghead
        Was there any mention of what driver was causing the overrun in the buffer?

rpwerner

no that's all of the infomation that was on the screen.

Deerpark

Egghead
          How are you able to change driver if Windows can't load?

rpwerner

by going to last known good boot on the start-up screen

Deerpark

Egghead
            Ahh...
            Hmm must say it sounds kind of strange that you're unable to install any drivers for that card. I'm kind with Asus on this one, it might simply be a defective card you've gotten.

The only other thing I can suggest is a clean reinstall of Vista to make sure the driver isn't conflicting with anything.

rpwerner

Re: Asus Nvidia EN8800 Video card when load drivers get bluse screen of death
            « Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 03:31:58 PM »
            Sent it back today, I will repost when I get the new one.  Thanks Again   Rolf

Deerpark

Egghead
              Re: Asus Nvidia EN8800 Video card when load drivers get bluse screen of death
              « Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 05:34:35 PM »
              Good idea.
              Be sure to let us know how it turnout.