Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: two problems? sort of?  (Read 1913 times)

kcarter3513

two problems? sort of?
« on: January 25, 2008, 10:11:27 PM »
i'm typing this on the computer i'm having problems with so i'm not in too bad of shape yet...

it takes a few times to get my computer to actually start...a problem i started having about a week ago. It an hp laptop dv2000...i'll close it so it will sleep then hibernate...and open it up and windows would restart but now it shuts down almost right away...i'll open it and it will be lit up on the buttons but the screen will be completely black and won't do anything. I will turn it completely off and back on and do the same thing. I try this a few times...i unplug it and plug it back in and then start it and then it will work...but then a new black screen with white letters shows up and says that it starts checking a file that might be corrupted or theres an error or something but still ends up getting to my log in screen and desktop...i have no idea what's going on and it just started doing this. My virus scan isn't showing anything...other than that it's pretty normal...thanks... >:(