Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with Motorola Moble phone tools  (Read 11789 times)

taquecop

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Need help with Motorola Moble phone tools
    « on: January 27, 2008, 10:25:14 PM »
    I have motorola moble phone tools running on windows XP sp2, not sure witch version, and I am trying to update it. every time I click the icon to load the software, I receive error message "Invalid Registry Key" and I get the same message when I click to update the software, whats wrong and how do I fix this problem?
    « Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 12:05:10 AM by taquecop »

Eg0Death

Apprentice

Re: Need help with Motorola Moble phone tools
      « Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 07:24:18 AM »
      Do you have the installation disc for the phone tools? If you do, I would suggest uninstall, reboot, install. That would probably take less time than slogging through the registry.
      Why is this thus?  What is the reason for this thusness?

taquecop

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 02:46:17 AM »
        Lost the disk, but did download a registry finder, only problem is it only works for windows and office.

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 05:59:06 AM »
          I suspect that what you have downloaded is software to locate the product key for an installation of Office or Windows.  That won't help. There is probably corruption within the registry. 
          Please post the exact error message.

taquecop

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »
            That is the exact error message       "Invalid Registry Key"

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 05:32:09 AM »
              A re-installation of the phone tools would remedy the issue. Since you've lost the disk, you might try going back to a Windows restore point from when the software was functional.

taquecop

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 02:50:01 PM »
                Man I know I'm not the smartest cookie, but your just not helping me out.

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                « Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 05:29:28 PM »
                Have you considered visiting the Motorola site and Dloading the software again and re-installing it to see if this clears up the issue ? ?
                " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Shynnie

Intermediate

• "All I want is his whereabouts, then I'm rich"..!!
                  « Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 12:30:25 AM »
                  I'm not realy sure clear about window mobile but know a lot with mobiles. One suggestion is you need to reinstall you software or flash the phone and patch it over. Warning you will loose all saved data but sure it helps restoring the settings to default settings.

Other thing, try your moto site download a fresh copy and overwrite the old one in your phone...

Tech switch to Nokia
                  =============================================================

"those who know how will always work 4 those who know why"

“the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence”

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  « Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
                  Man I know I'm not the smartest cookie, but your just not helping me out.

Well considering the original Post was Monday and we still don't even know the model # of the phone or what version of Windows for sure, you're not exactly helping us out either.
                  Remember we can't see the phone or your computer from here.

taquecop

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 04:50:57 PM »
                    I'm sorry, the problem is not with the actual phone, but the software that lets me create ringtones on the computor.

ok I have windows xp home sp2. And I have motorola phone tools v.4 or something close to that. the phone tools program is only software that lets me create things for my phone. then I connect my phone to the computer to transfer what I have created. I no longer have the instalation disk and have been unssucsesful in finding a way to download the software from motorola. Every time I double click on the Icon to open the software, error message "Invalid registry Key" shows with a button that says "ok." I click OK and the software program begins. every thing still works normally except when I try to update the software, the error message again displays "Invalid registry Key." I again click ok but it will not allow me to update the software, it just does nothing. I also tried re registering the software with no luck.

Sorry for the hatefull statement earlier. I thought maybe someone knew how to go to the registry files and restore them back to normal or maybe someone knew of software that could do this for me.

patio

• Genius
                    • Maud' Dib
                      • Yes
                    « Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 10:11:35 AM »
                    Without the model # of the phone we are still in the same dilemna...

Shynnie

Intermediate

• "All I want is his whereabouts, then I'm rich"..!!
                      « Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 05:36:11 AM »
                      If you ever read this thread again please be so kind and paste the phone model # as Patio said otherwise its very difficult to figure out what type of phone you have.

On the PC uninstall the whole program and restart your comp(PC) then reinstall the software again but make sure you have the right registration key not cracked things please.
                      =============================================================

"those who know how will always work 4 those who know why"

“the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence”

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 06:59:08 AM »
                        Shynnie, from my understanding the registration key is not the issue, it's a corrupted Windows Registry Key. I don't see anything in this post that points to a cracked installation.

taquecop

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 04:51:10 PM »
                          the model of my phone is i thought irrelivent, but it is a motorola v3 razor, the phone tools software on the computer will work with a wide voriety of motorola phones. the problem I am having is that it worked for all motorola phones up to the date it was installed. the program will work with newer motorola phones, if I can update the software on the computer. Thats the problem, when I try to update, it says "Invalid Registry Key." and then does nothing.

If I cannot resolve the registry problem, then I cannot update the software in order for it to work with my newer phone. also I have lost the software disk and it is not availible for download from the manufactures website.

I am sorry for the insuficient information, I just thought it was pointless.
                          thanks for any help

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 07:20:34 PM »
                            Motorola PhoneTools are available for download, but for a fee.  Not the ideal solution if you've already paid for it.

dobhan

Starter

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 11:14:08 PM »
                              First your phone is not capable nor recieve any mp3 files,so it is very hard to download a ringtones as what you said earlier,I suggest that look for a phone that has a expandable memory,like V3I or V3XX....

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 05:44:04 AM »
                                First your phone is not capable nor recieve any mp3 files,so it is very hard to download a ringtones as what you said earlier,I suggest that look for a phone that has a expandable memory,like V3I or V3XX....

dobhan, you are quite mistaken.  While it is true that the V3 Razor does not have expandable memory, it is most definitely capable of accepting and playing mp3 files.  I have a V3 Razor and have transferred mp3 files to it for use as custom ringtones.  (Black Sabbath's Iron Man being my favorite:))

patio

• Genius
                                • Maud' Dib
                                  • Yes
                                « Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 02:23:36 PM »
                                (Black Sabbath's Iron Man being my favorite:))

At least you chose a Classic ! !

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 05:47:12 AM »
                                  No mentally handicapped frogs or hippitty hoppitty music for me. :)

taquecop

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 09:29:45 PM »
                                    Ok, guys, thanks for helping me. How about I refrase the question. and this phone has worked on this software and still does but I am wanting to upgrade phones that are not in the softwares database wich means it needs updating.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME MAKE THE REGISTRY FILES CORRECT?

Jrod

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 05:57:39 PM »
                                      You can try this:
                                      Open Regedit (Start > Run > regedit > OK)
                                      Navigate to: HKey_Local_Machine > SOFTWARE > BVRP Software

RIGHT CLICK on "BVRP Software" Click on "Permissions"

Add any additional local pc or domain users

Check the box that gives them "Full Control"

Click "Apply"

Click "OK"

Close Registry Editor and you're done
                                      via another search I'm getting same issue. Ringtones transfer just fine, backup works just fine. Just this errror msg and the inability to update! 
                                      Jrod