Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to clean laptop keyboard?  (Read 4599 times)

ultimatum

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    How to clean laptop keyboard?
    « on: December 03, 2007, 01:11:53 PM »
    I have a Sony VGN-FS640/w laptop recently my friend spilled coke on it. Laptop has been fixed and it works fine but the keyboard still sticks, can anyone tell me how to clean the keyboard without having to take a part the whole laptop from behind? I've searched online how to clean laptops and they all seem to have some clips which are easy to unclip and pull out the keyboard but this laptop doesn't have any. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Its not what you know, its what you can do that counts!

nickc1976

Intermediate

Re: How to clean laptop keyboard?
      « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 02:21:50 AM »
      Most laptop keyboards are a sealed unit, so even if you took the laptop apart, the keyboard would just lift out as it is.
      Buying a can of Isopropyl Alcohol is probably the best way to go about cleaning it.
      http://www.pc-citadel.com - PC and Laptop repairs upgrades and customization

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 02:38:36 AM »
      Nick is right on this one. Getting the keyboard out wouldn't help. The keys on laptop keyboards aren't designed to come off, even when the keyboard is removed from the laptop. Attempting to remove the keys to clean under them would most likely result in the plastic cracking. Use a tiny amount of alcohol and attempt to clean the keys as is. Make sure the laptop is unplugged and the battery removed while doing thing. Allow a sufficient amount of drying time before reconnecting power.

r-rossmartin-m

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 02:56:43 PM »
        I have a Sony VGN-FS640/w laptop recently my friend spilled coke on it. Laptop has been fixed and it works fine but the keyboard still sticks, can anyone tell me how to clean the keyboard without having to take a part the whole laptop from behind? I've searched online how to clean laptops and they all seem to have some clips which are easy to unclip and pull out the keyboard but this laptop doesn't have any. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

i bought a little keyboard spray from the pound shop lolz may sound cheap but it worked a treat !

ultimatum

Topic Starter

Intermediate
          « Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 12:17:56 PM »
          Whats it called?
          Its not what you know, its what you can do that counts!