Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor has lines on it HELP please  (Read 2648 times)

survivorrma

Monitor has lines on it HELP please
« on: February 04, 2008, 10:52:36 AM »
I bought a used laptop on Ebay at Christmas...The other day when it rebooted there were these horrible lines on the monitor (running diagonally).  Then after the computer was restarted I saw that when I moved the mouse it had small lines that showed up where ever I moved the mouse.  Also there are these flashing like lines highlighting the cursor...bascially a big mess if you do any major use of the computer.  I hooked an external monitor up and the lines show up there identically as they do on the laptop screen....I've done some adjustments and no help, over clocking, display settings....and such...Is it the video card or a RAM issue...Please help...I paid 300 for the computer.  it is a Dell Latitude D600....

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Monitor has lines on it HELP please
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 09:17:45 PM »
Did you try to download new video drivers?

survivorrma

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 08:20:45 AM »
I have but for some reason it won't let me...I went to ATI's website and clicked on the operating system, then the driver, downloaded it and it said that they were sorry but the software coldn't be download on my computer...urgh! This has been going on for three weeks...Thanks for your help any ideas???

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 09:11:27 AM »
Since it's a laptop you should be using the manuf. drivers only...
Travel to Dell's site and enter the service tag # from the bottom of the machine and it will tell you exactly what drivers that machine uses.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "