Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Search and Destroy updates  (Read 3918 times)

wonderer

Search and Destroy updates
« on: January 12, 2005, 06:01:53 PM »
Just tried to runupdates for Search and Destroy and Zone Alarm pops up and says: S & D trying to access internet New program.  Is this ok to grant permission?  

Then I tried to close and it said "can't be closed; being debugged" so I had to restart again...

Why does ZA asks this...do they do it any time you have to shut down and reboot?   Because I did that earlier since 'puter froze up and NAV must have run and showed some "stuff."

Anyhoo, do I need to give ZA permission for S&D to access the internet, every time I reboot?????

Thanks much.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Search and Destroy updates
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 06:49:57 PM »
    wonderer......Anytime one of your running programs tries to access the internet .....Zone-Alarm will detect that and ask you if you want it to.........With a app like SpyBot S&D you can tell ZA to let it and not ask you again....It's just doing its job......

Hope this helps you .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

wonderer

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 09:20:52 PM »
    dl65 - thanks a bunch.  

What do you mean about a "running program"?

I'm on my way over to grant my permission to ZA!  
    It's wish is my command....(on this one)  :)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 11:26:09 PM »
      wonderer....Running program is any program that is actually running .......as opposed to programs which may reside on your hard drive but do not run unless you open them .

Hope this helps

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.