Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Whats up with my Sound card??? Whats going on here?  (Read 2643 times)

morbid_bean

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Whats up with my Sound card??? Whats going on here?
    « on: February 07, 2008, 11:40:45 AM »
    ok Recently wiped out my computer and got it running PERFECT and was watching some movies on it....listening to some music....and ejoying everything else about it...............THEN when i decide to listen to some music today using just windows "media player" it gives me an error

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.

Ok but heres the thing that gets me....it only doesnt work when i want to view videos and listen to music...all other sounds work...Games, yahoo messenger, etc....

Whats going on here and how can i fix this? Im asuming that i need to install drivers... but i cant seem to find any... I BELIEVE my sound card is a
    "Intel 82801AA AC'97 Audio Controller"
    Thats what it shows under the Device manager...    ???

Eg0Death

Apprentice

Re: Whats up with my Sound card??? Whats going on here?
      « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 01:32:32 PM »
      Check with the manufacturer of your motherboard.  You should be able to plug in your motherboard model to find out what your soundcard is and get current drivers.
      Why is this thus?  What is the reason for this thusness?

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 09:23:26 PM »
      Just to double check....see, if VLC Player will work: http://www.videolan.org/

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 05:05:13 PM »
      Device Manager...right clik the CDRrom device/properties...enable digital sound for this device.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "