Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Major problem  (Read 3430 times)

torasperry

Major problem
« on: February 08, 2008, 05:37:26 AM »
Have a Gateway Desktop 2000 model, Been upgraded, More memory ect,  Had a 60 G, Added 160G Harddrive last year, Been working well, Turned comp on a few days ago and desktop came up with no Icons, Let it sit for a few minutes, Then turned it off, Waited until drives stopped and turned it on again, came up with a Black screen, Removed and replaced video card with a new one and still have the same problem. BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH I guess.....
Any one have any suggestions? Any assistance welcomed......Good or Bad :'(

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: Major problem
    « Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 10:41:17 AM »
    So the monitor never gives you a picture or do the black screen appear somewhere in the boot-up process?
    Have you tried another monitor?
    If that isn't possible check the monitor cable plug for bent pins.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 11:43:03 AM »
    Try Safe Mode.

torasperry

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 02:56:41 PM »
    OK, Guys and Gals,
    I guess I need to give more info, I have tried the flatscreen monitor on my laptop, Works fine, replaced the video card with a new one and still a black screen when I push the "On" button, Hear the drives spinning and fans all work, three added to tower. Just NO video at all.......What do youall think???BLACK SCREEN, Is it hardrives, Mother board, ?  Don't know how to troubleshoot, No link to the computer........Any educated guesses???