Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CSS question  (Read 3040 times)

S_R_S5

CSS question
« on: February 09, 2008, 04:34:24 PM »
Is there really important to learn CSS if i want to be a web designer?
and is CSS hard to learn if I know HTML well?

thanks,
S_R_S

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: CSS question
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 07:48:45 PM »
Is there really important to learn CSS if i want to be a web designer?
Yes, it's quite important.  But, look at it this way.  Once you learn how to use CSS, it can save you a lot of time in making changes to a site, especially a site with many pages.  With a large site, you can change font throughout the site by merely changing it in a CSS file, if you've used the font style in your CSS file instead of setting font on individual pages, i.e., by not using CSS.  Does that make sense?

Well, here's a reference that explains the benefits of CSS better than me: http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/stylesheets/introduction.html

CSS hard to learn if I know HTML well?
I can't say I'm an expert on CSS, but I think a simple answer is that it may be about the same difficulty to learn as learning HTML.  And, yes, knowing HTML well will help.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 10:51:13 AM »
Yes, you should learn css. You can do a lot more with css than html as far as styling, positioning, and dynamic content.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 01:05:27 PM »
CSS is very important and it is easy to learn. An excellent website to learn CSS is http://www.w3schools.com/. When you enter the website you will see that there are lots of other tutorials also.