Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Where to put my laptop?  (Read 2683 times)

falla1

Topic Starter

Rookie

Where to put my laptop?
    « on: February 10, 2008, 02:49:17 AM »
    Hey there,
    We have recently moved houses, As i dont have a desk for my laptop i have no where really to put it.
    Atm its on the floor on my room, Which is carpet and it is overheating very fast.
    Is there something i can put under it to stop it over heating so fast?
    Thanks

Dias de verano

Re: Where to put my laptop?
    « Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 03:01:53 AM »
    laptop stand Good Idea

Clothing, carpet, bed, soft chair, etc VERY BAD for laptop, as good air circulation needed to avoid overheating condition!!! Laptops mostly have moulded features (grooves) on underside to allow air circuluation! (Take look and see) Work OK sometimes on hard surface like desk but sinks into soft stuff like cloth or carpet wch can block this!!  Many people find Ouch!! burned leg!! after some time using. Often even need stand on hard surface too for good cooling.

Aviator Laptop Stand=$20

Also Coolpad=$30

Or find small items to raise back of laptop to make air path for circulation=$FREE

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 12:14:32 PM »
    Good suggestions by Dias de verano.  If you want a cheaper option, just use a piece of plywood or any piece of solid material to keep the laptop off the carpet and allow some air flow underneath it.

elxr06

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 08:29:54 PM »
    and yeah you might want to buy yourself a laptop fan. One of those gizmos with fans that you can sit your laptop on so that cool air blows on laptop to help prevent overheating.