Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The whole thing won't work or turn on  (Read 1896 times)

cbakerazle

The whole thing won't work or turn on
« on: February 11, 2008, 10:56:48 AM »
My son's computer is usually left on all the time.  Yesterday he went in there and it wan't working.  All that we saw was the power light blinking rapidly, which was making a rapid rattling sound in the speakers.  There was nothing on the screen, just black.  We couldn't get the power button to quit blinking, even when pushing it to turn off.  We tried several nearby outlets in case it was electrical trouble, but it wouldn't do anything but that blinking power button.  After that, we turned it off for a few hours and now even the power button will not light up.

He is running an EMachine T2385, 2.30 Ghz Intel Celeron Processor, 80 gb hard drive, Windows XP

It's not urgent to fix this, but I'm looking for any problems that you know of that could make it act this way.  Thanks, Carol

ultimatum

Intermediate
    Re: The whole thing won't work or turn on
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »
    I'm not sure about the power light blinking. I had the same problem where I leave my computer on all the time without turning it off, after a number of months (approximately 5 or more) the computer will either die or I will turn it off once and it won't start up again. The reason for this is a dead power supply.

First, if you have friends that will land you their working power supply to test it in your computer to be 100% sure and then just purchase another new good brand power supply and you're good to go.
    Its not what you know, its what you can do that counts!