Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Audio Device Detected- Please Help  (Read 24037 times)

bigtigga

Topic Starter

Rookie

No Audio Device Detected- Please Help
    « on: February 11, 2008, 08:31:07 PM »
    I've bascially been without any sound coming from my computer since about May 07 and it's driving me insane. I want my audio back so bad please someone help me. Below are my system stats and some screenshots of the error messages I'm getting.

*Operating System*

Windows Version:       Windows XP (5.1.2600) Professional
                        License Information:       owner
                                 Product ID:       55274-640-0635304-23565
                                Product Key:       GFMWM-34HBV-8KRHP-CXD47-MHXJG

*Common Devices*

System Name:       Deskpro
                             Videocard Name:       Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)
                           Installed Memory:       126.42 MB
                            Default Printer:       HP DeskJet 612C

*Installed Programs*

Number of Installed Programs:       234 programs
                Number of Running Processes:       35 processes
                  Internet Explorer Version:       7.0.5730.11 (0)
                            DirectX Version:       4.09.00.0904
                             Office Version:       12.0.6021.5000

*Windows Details*

indows Version:       Windows XP (5.1.2600) Professional
              Latest Service Pack Installed:       Service Pack 2
                                  Installed:       21/12/2005 9:53:16 PM
                                Last Reboot:       11/02/2008 7:15:12 PM
                    Default Internet Client:       C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
                                 Product ID:       55274-640-0635304-23565
                                Product Key:       GFMWM-34HBV-8KRHP-CXD47-MHXJG
                                   Language:       English (United States) (ID: $0409)
                                    Country:       United States (Country Code: 1)
                                   Timezone:       (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

*User Details*

Registered To:       owner
                                  User Name:       owner
                              Computer Name:       OWNER-K3S6OCQUB

*Environment*

ALLUSERSPROFILE       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
                                     APPDATA       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Application Data
                                   CLASSPATH       C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
                                  CLIENTNAME       Console
                          CommonProgramFiles       C:\Program Files\Common Files
                                COMPUTERNAME       OWNER-K3S6OCQUB
                                     ComSpec       C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
                            FP_NO_HOST_CHECK       NO
                                   HOMEDRIVE       C:
                                    HOMEPATH       \Documents and Settings\owner
                                 LOGONSERVER       \\OWNER-K3S6OCQUB
                        NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS       1
                                          OS       Windows_NT
                                        Path       C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\
                                     PATHEXT       .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
                      PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE       x86
                        PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER       x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6, GenuineIntel
                             PROCESSOR_LEVEL       6
                          PROCESSOR_REVISION       0806
                                ProgramFiles       C:\Program Files
                                      QTJAVA       C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
                                 SESSIONNAME       Console
                                 SystemDrive       C:
                                  SystemRoot       C:\WINDOWS
                                        TEMP       C:\DOCUME~1\owner\LOCALS~1\Temp
                                         TMP       C:\DOCUME~1\owner\LOCALS~1\Temp
                                  USERDOMAIN       OWNER-K3S6OCQUB
                                    USERNAME       owner
                                 USERPROFILE       C:\Documents and Settings\owner
                                      windir       C:\WINDOWS

*System Folders*

AppData       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Application Data
                                  CDBurnArea       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
                            CommonAdminTools       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools
                            CommonDesktopDir       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop
                               CommonAppData       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
                             CommonDocuments       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents
                             CommonFavorites       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Favorites
                                 CommonMusic       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music
                              CommonPictures       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures
                             CommonStartMenu       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu
                               CommonStartup       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
                             CommonTemplates       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Templates
                                 CommonVideo       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Videos
                                     Cookies       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Cookies
                                     Desktop       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Desktop
                                  DesktopDir       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Desktop
                                   Favorites       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Favorites
                                       Fonts       C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
                                     History       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Local Settings\History
                               InternetCache       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
                                LocalAppData       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Local Settings\Application Data
                                     NetHood       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\NetHood
                                     MyMusic       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\My Documents\My Music
                                  MyPictures       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\My Documents\My Received Files\My Pictures
                                     MyVideo       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\My Documents\My Videos
                                    Personal       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\My Documents
                                   PrintHood       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\PrintHood
                                    Programs       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Start Menu\Programs
                                     Profile       C:\Documents and Settings\owner
                                ProgramFiles       C:\Program Files
                          ProgramFilesCommon       C:\Program Files\Common Files
                                      Recent       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Recent
                                      SendTo       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\SendTo
                                   StartMenu       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Start Menu
                                     StartUp       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
                                      System       C:\WINDOWS\system32
                                     Windows       C:\WINDOWS
                                   Templates       C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Templates

*CPU DETAILS*

Physical Processors:       1
                         Logical Processors:       1
                           Processor Vendor:       Intel(R) Corporation
                            Additional Name:       x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6
                               Popular Name:       Pentium III
                                  Frequency:       800 MHz
                              Serial Number:       0000-0686-0383-FBFF-0000-0000

*CPU Cache Details*

Cache Level I:       32 KB
                             Cache Level II:       256 KB

*Bios Details*

BIOS Vendor:       Compaq
                                  BIOS Type:       AT/AT COMPATIBLE
                               BIOS Version:       686P2 v2.10
                                  Copyright:       COMPAQ - 20010329
                                       Date:       03/29/2001
                                       Size:       512 KB

*Audio Devices*

SoundMAX Wavetable Synth v18.18       MIDI Output

*Installed Engines*

IE Version:       7.0.5730.11 (0)
                            DirectX Version:       4.09.00.0904
                    Windows Installer (MSI):       3.1.4000.4039
                             OpenGL Version:       5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
                               .Net Version:       2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
                                ADO Version:       2.81.1128.0 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.061226-0034)
                                DAO Version:       03.60.8618.0
                               ODBC Version:       3.525.1117.0 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
                    Apple QuickTime Version:       7.0.3

Below Are Some Error Messages In Screenshots

http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errormessage1km8.jpg
    http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errormessage2qx4.jpg
    http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errormessage2qx4.jpg

Please someone help me...  :(

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: No Audio Device Detected- Please Help
    « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 04:00:37 AM »
    What is the model number of your Compaq ?
    « Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:23:14 AM by street1 »
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

bigtigga

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 07:30:24 AM »
      I do believe it's a Compaq Deskpro EN

bigtigga

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »
        Sorry for double posting but please I really need help with this! Someone please find a soloution please...

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 02:05:28 PM »
        Try re-installing the MBoard drivers that came with the machine...do you have that driver CD ? ?
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

bigtigga

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 04:05:38 PM »
          Try re-installing the MBoard drivers that came with the machine...do you have that driver CD ? ?

No i'm on a used computer

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
            • Obituary
          « Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 08:36:23 PM »
          You need to run Everest and identify your sound.I think it
          is ESS 1869 but,you are better off to run Everest.See Below.

GoHere
          Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 09:27:19 PM »
          No i'm on a used computer

Quote of the Month...

bigtigga

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 10:08:22 AM »
            How much info do you want me to display ???

bigtigga

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 10:13:56 AM »
               Computer:
                    Operating System                                  Microsoft Windows XP Professional
                    OS Service Pack                                   Service Pack 2
                    DirectX                                           4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
                    Computer Name                                     OWNER-K3S6OCQUB (Family Compuyer)
                    User Name                                         owner

Motherboard:
                    CPU Type                                          Intel Pentium IIIE, 800 MHz (6 x 133)
                    Motherboard Name                                  Compaq Deskpro EN
                    Version:                                                    686P2 v2.10
                   Motherboard Chipset                               Intel Solano i815E
                    System Memory                                     128 MB  (SDRAM)
                    BIOS Type                                         Compaq (03/29/01)
                    Communication Port                                Communications Port (COM1)
                    Communication Port                                Communications Port (COM2)
                    Communication Port                                ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
                    Video Adapter                                     Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)  (32 MB)
                    3D Accelerator                                    Intel i752
                    Monitor                                           TVM AS5s  (930808793139)

Multimedia:
                    Audio Adapter                                     Intel 82801BA ICH2 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-1]

Storage:
                    IDE Controller                                    Intel(r) 82801BA Bus Master IDE Controller
                    Floppy Drive                                      Floppy disk drive
                    Disk Drive                                        MAXTOR 6L020J1  (20 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)
                    Optical Drive                                     COMPAQ CD-ROM CRD-8484B  (48x CD-ROM)
                    Optical Drive                                     MITSUMI CR-487ETE  (52x/24x/52x CD-RW)
                    SMART Hard Disks Status                           OK

Partitions:
                    C: (FAT32)                                        19075 MB (6354 MB free)

Input:
                    Keyboard                                          Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
                    Mouse                                             PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Network:
                    Network Adapter                                   Intel(R) PRO/100 VM Network Connection  (192.168.2.10)

Peripherals:
                    Printer                                           HP DeskJet 612C
                    USB1 Controller                                   Intel 82801BA ICH2 - USB Controller 2 [B-1]

--------[ DMI ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ BIOS ]

BIOS Properties:
                    Vendor                                            Compaq
                    Version                                           686P2 v2.10
                    Release Date                                      03/29/2001
                    Size                                              512 KB
                    Boot Devices                                      Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, CD-ROM, ATAPI ZIP, LS-120
                    Capabilities                                      Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD, BBS
                    Supported Standards                               DMI, APM, ACPI, ESCD, PnP
                    Expansion Capabilities                            PCI, AGP, USB

[ System ]

System Properties:
                    Manufacturer                                      Compaq
                    Product                                           Deskpro
                    Serial Number                                     6125DYSZG485
                    Universal Unique ID                               8FA39CDA-4865D511-91BD15AD-450A7519
                    Wake-Up Type                                      Power Switch

[ Motherboard ]

Motherboard Properties:
                    Product                                           0684h

[ Chassis ]

Chassis Properties:
                    Asset Tag                                         6125DYSZG485
                    Chassis Type                                      Desktop Case
                    Boot-Up State                                     Safe
                    Power Supply State                                Safe
                    Thermal State                                     Safe

[ Processors / Pentium(R) III processor 800 MHz ]

Processor Properties:
                    Manufacturer                                      Intel
                    Version                                           Pentium(R) III processor 800 MHz
                    External Clock                                    133 MHz
                    Maximum Clock                                     1000 MHz
                    Current Clock                                     800 MHz
                    Type                                              Central Processor

bigtigga

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 12:11:27 PM »

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                « Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 01:43:55 PM »
                Intel 82801BA ICH2 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-1]

This is what you need the driver for...make sure it matches your OS.

bigtigga

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 01:53:46 PM »
                  Intel 82801BA ICH2 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-1]

This is what you need the driver for...make sure it matches your OS.

It's not the right driver?

bigtigga

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 05:07:14 PM »
                    IS ANYONE GOING TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM :(

bigtigga

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 02:50:18 PM »