Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please spare a moment to help me out if you can?  (Read 3081 times)

Eyeriel

Please spare a moment to help me out if you can?
« on: February 13, 2008, 02:20:48 AM »
Okay..
I got a new laptop last week and I'm over the moon, but despite all my research before hand i cant help but think I've already screwed it up >.>

This morning i turned it on and started about my normal business only to have it suddenly freeze on me. I turned it off and on again and had a look at that nifty gadget vista has which checks CPU/RAM usage and saw that it was working incredibly hard considering what little i was doing, heck I opened mozilla and it shot up to 100%.
Uh-oh. so I decide the best thing to do would be to run a virus scan but the results I got weren't what i was expecting and i could really do with being told what to do here :

(a screen shot seemed the best way to ask for help, hope I'm not breaking any rules here)

Additional info you may need to know:
~I'm running vista home premium
~on an Acer aspire 5920 with 2GHz processing power, 2GB ram and 120 GB HDD
~However that 120GB came split into two drives
~and under someone else's advice i moved my documents to drive D. (but i doubt that's important)

I asked if you could spare a moment not a morning so i'm sorry if i just rambled away there..

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Please spare a moment to help me out if you can?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »
Try to uninstall/reinstall AVG.
If you have Windows Defender running, turn it off during the above process.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Please spare a moment to help me out if you can?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 01:58:01 PM »
You may want to run chkdsk /r on both of those partitions....
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "