Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: right-click on desktop shows AdobeFlash Information  (Read 3593 times)

foxygrandma

right-click on desktop shows AdobeFlash Information
« on: February 13, 2008, 08:09:57 AM »

I have Microsoft XP Home Edition, SP2 and IE 6, SP2, a Dell Dimension 4700

I did a clean install of Windows yesterday.  I installed Adobe FLASH PLAYER 9.
Ever since I installed it, when I right-click on the desk top I get – Settings, About Adobe Flash Player 9.  The only way I can get to the Display to view my screensaver and other items when I usually right-click, is to go to the Control Panel.

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it three times and it does the same thing.

This is a first-time event for me.   Any one have any ideas how I can get my right-click information back?   Hope this is not confusing. Thank you, Anna Ruth
 :)

TheEmperor

Intermediate

Re: right-click on desktop shows AdobeFlash Information
    « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 08:55:31 AM »
    Go to control panel, bring up the display settings, click on the Desktop tab, click on Customize Desktop, click on the Web tab, Uncheck any checked boxes, click Apply, click Ok. See if your normal right click menu has returned on the desktop.
    The Emperor
    Ruling over Technology since 1998
    www.TechEmperor.com

foxygrandma

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 10:01:42 PM »
    Thank you,Emperor.   The only thing in the Web tab is My Current Home page and it is not checked.  Just a few minutes ago, I happened to find out what had caused it.   I had installed a beautiful sunset wall paper.  I experimented and uninstalled it and now all is okay when I right click on the desktop.

That had never happened before when I had installed wall paper, so it is a bit strange.   I will try another wall paper tomorrow and see what happens.  Thanks so much for your reply..   Anna Ruth

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 06:52:23 AM »
    This means that particular wallpaper runs on Flash...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

foxygrandma

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 01:01:35 PM »
    Oh, okay, thank you.   I did install another wall paper and all is fine.  So what would that be running on?   Some run on Flash and others run on?

Thank you,Patio. :)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 04:39:22 PM »
    The ones that need Flash to run are normally changing scenes; background music etc.

where did this wallpaper come from ? ?

foxygrandma

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 05:23:03 PM »
    That wall paper came from an Windows XP wallpaper site.  But in the meantime as I was roaming around the Web I saw a beautiful picture of a white-sand beach with azure water and I did a right-click and saved as background.  So a beautiful beach is now my wallpaper and so far,so good.  Is save as background the same as wallpaper?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 07:04:25 PM »
    Yes.
    You can also choose the photo of your choice maybe a family picture or a scenic shot you have taken and do the same thing...just right clik the image and follow the same steps...
    Probably better than an anonymous web image you found at a website. Some are known to carry malware/adware which you don't need on your system

foxygrandma

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 01:14:51 PM »
    Thank you Patio, I appreciate your input.   Sometime I might try installing an animated background and see what happens.   That Adobe one was not animated, so I should have been able to right-click and get to Properties.  It was a gorgeous sunset background.   But will not try that certain one again.

Thanks again. ;)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 01:22:22 PM »
    You're more than Welcome...