Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Apllication Install  (Read 7922 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Apllication Install
    « on: February 10, 2008, 09:06:06 AM »
    I downlaoded some linux applications, how do I install them??  Sorry I'm a windows user and haven't gotin used to knoppix yet. 
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Deerpark

Egghead
      Re: Apllication Install
      « Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 09:17:19 AM »
      Depends on what you've downloaded...
      The most general thing I can say is to follow the installation instructions for the software in question.
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 09:31:49 AM »
        I looked but all I get is a buntch of code.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Deerpark

Egghead
          « Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 09:38:45 AM »
          Can't help you when you don't provide the most basic information...
          I would think you would have learned that after 275 posts.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 09:49:14 AM »
            That numbers off,  But what would your basic info be?  Not everyone sees the same way at the same thing.  The pc info or about the programs themself.

Deerpark

Egghead
              « Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 01:31:21 PM »
              Honestly.... this is pretty obvious. If you need help installing a piece of software I need to know what software it is, the OS + version of OS, what you've tried so far, what instructions you've followed.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 04:56:57 AM »
                knoppix 5.1,budget linux, banal I look threw the files but I dont rember where I got the files so I haven't really tried anything else.

Deerpark

Egghead
                  « Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 09:42:18 AM »
                  I suggest you remember where you got the programs. The installation instructions are often on the website.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 09:51:34 AM »
                    Okay I'll try looking for it.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 10:37:44 AM »
                      Can't find the site.  Is there any way to tell in the files or should I get them replaced?  Download new files to replace these.

Deerpark

Egghead
                        « Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 10:44:29 AM »
                        I have no idea what you've downloaded so can't really tell you anything.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 01:38:40 PM »
                          I'll just look for new programs to replace the ones I put on there

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
                            • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
                          • Experience: Beginner
                          « Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 10:46:17 AM »
                          Have you try googling it? Im sure there are hundreds of sites that provides howto's for us newbies... Though I myself is having a hard time followin them.. ;D
                          "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
                          --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano