Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bypassing Firewalls  (Read 1894 times)

Firebrawn

Bypassing Firewalls
« on: February 18, 2008, 07:50:57 AM »
Hi there,

I'm at university right now, but there seems to be a firewall on their network.

I can access any site, no problem, but when i try to access the internet through a game for example, it doesn't work.

E.G.
I try playing World of Warcraft on my computer at university, and it doesn't work. But I can surf the internet without any restrictions on anything at all.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Do i need some sort of bypass program to play WoW at uni? I heard of something called http tunnel before, but it looked really complicated and I wasn't sure that was what i needed.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Bruce

Dias de verano

Re: Bypassing Firewalls
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 07:52:27 AM »
Maybe the uni IT admins don't want you to misuse the network? Why don't you ask them if it's allowed?

Firebrawn

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 08:04:53 AM »
There's no point in asking the admins... because they aren't going to change anything. This firewall is present throughout all the universities in England.

I know of some people who can bypass this firewall easily using various programmes, but some direct help from someone would be very useful as i'm not extremely computer literate.

Thanks

Dias de verano

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 08:07:02 AM »
The trouble is, helping people get around work or college restrictions is against the policy of this forum, I think you'll find.