Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer not staying on... but its running...  (Read 2300 times)

Computer_Retarded

Computer not staying on... but its running...
« on: February 20, 2008, 03:08:11 PM »
I wasn't sure where to classify this as but I'm having major computer problems.

the issue:

My computer will start up, everything will look fine (time length varies between each occurrence.) a little bit after it start up tho, my screen will go black and a little blue note will pop up saying something to the extent of  power saving mode, and it will look like the comuter has gone to sleep. the only thing is the computer is still running and no matter how many buttons i press or how much i move the mouse the computer will not activate again. and I haven't been putting the computer to sleep it does it on its own.

My brother is the one who built my computer, so i've been having him try to fix it... it's been this way for almost 2 years now. he's put in more fans and rigged the computer to force air to pass by the mother board because he belives the video chip is over heating. no matter what we do we cant make it cool off.

but the anoying thing is he keeps telling me that its fixed and when i bring it downstairs to my room from his the trouble starts all over again! so it works perfectly fine in his room but not in mine.

can anyone help me? please E-mail me if you can help in anyway or at least know what is going on. (i'd appriciate if you could tittle your mail as "I have found a solution to your retarded computers problems!")

Edit:

also when i have my speakers plugged in the sound stops. like if music is playing, the sound will just cut out....
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 03:32:00 PM by Computer_Retarded »

roccenstein

Hopeful
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Computer not staying on... but its running...
    « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 03:25:30 PM »
    I'm no expert, but my first guess would be that the video card is bad and needs to be replaced, especially since the problem recurs no matter what steps you take to repair it.

Computer_Retarded

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 03:31:08 PM »
    I'm no expert, but my first guess would be that the video card is bad and needs to be replaced, especially since the problem recurs no matter what steps you take to repair it.

I don't think its the video card..... oh! also when i have my speakers plugged in the sound stops. like if music is playing, the sound will just cut out....

i think i should edit that into the 1st post.... oops  :-[

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 08:00:11 PM »
    Will it run OK in Safe Mode?