Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Freeze up on start up  (Read 2171 times)

wawdallas

Freeze up on start up
« on: February 18, 2008, 11:37:15 AM »
Compaq Presario S3000Z
Wife's computer started to freeze/lock up on her on start up but messing with it a hundred times it will work properly when so I did a complete system default to manufacture setup. When I did this it seemed to work better and run 100% in all aspects, then after a while it did the same thing. I have downloaded all Compaq upgrades and still no help. I also have tried monitor on other computers and computer with other monitors. I am pretty good with troubleshooting computers, but I have no way to prove that this is a motherboard, power supply or hard drive issue. I connected another power port to the back of HD and same result and it feels like HD is working as I powered it up while holding it and its churning. We had almost the same issue at work with our Dell PC’s with the freeze on start and they had a recall on the motherboards, so I am pretty sure that it is the same thing as I have done all the PC Doctor tests on the devices and nothing came up failing. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions, also if it is the motherboard, is it pretty easy to replace a Compaq. I have built my own with no problem, but not sure if it the same easy with a large companies motherboard as far as software and so on as I don’t know what they may have in their software to conflict with this.