Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows updates causing problems  (Read 2289 times)

oilslicknick

Topic Starter

windows updates causing problems
    « on: February 18, 2008, 03:46:01 PM »
    I have been experiencing problems with my computer not booting up recently. I'm running windows xp home edition and have had a number of occasions where on switching on my computer it will start loading up to the point where windows is about to start, at this point there will be a blue flash on the monitor and it will start all over again loading up it then pauses at a black screen with a countdown timer and options to choose  start in safe mode etc. I have found that if I start in safe mode and then use system restore to go back to a point just before the scheduled windows up dates where installed the computer will work fine again. Seems that something connected with the updates is causing the problem I have now turned off automatic updates to confirm that this is the problem and have had no more problems and the computer runs fine but now I am concerned that my computer is being left wide open to threats without the latest updates. HEEEEEEEEEEELP ???

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: windows updates causing problems
    « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 04:18:21 PM »
    Try to install one update at a time, until you find the culprit.

billjenkins

Rookie

Re: windows updates causing problems
      « Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 08:30:50 PM »
      So long as you do your backup before applying any updates, your computer will be well-protected.

http://www.TipsInfinity.com/technology/
      FREE Computer Tips To Better Your Life