Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Burning bootable cd.  (Read 3553 times)

ValerieMay

Topic Starter

Beginner

Burning bootable cd.
    « on: February 18, 2008, 03:49:13 PM »
    Windows 2k - SP.4  Roxio Easy Cd Creator 5 Platinum edition.

I am attempting to burn a bootable cd of a Win 2k version with SP.4 and all updates slipstreamed.  When the slipstreamed files are burned without an attempt to make the cd bootable Autorun kicks in and the OS can be installed with all updates so it seems there is nothing wrong with the slipstreaming.

I have followed the Roxio instructions for burning a bootable cd and so far have used a bootable floppy and a downloaded .img file to try to burn the bootfiles without success.  The cd burned using the floppy image files boots to Dos and Setup cannot run in a Dos environment, the downloaded .img file causes bootup to freeze at the "boot from cd:" line.

Can someone advise how to include an image file, in the burning process, which will make the cd bootable?

Thanks

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Burning bootable cd.
    « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 08:40:49 PM »
    Windows 2k - SP.4  Roxio Easy Cd Creator 5 Platinum edition.

I am attempting to burn a bootable cd of a Win 2k version with SP.4 and all updates slipstreamed.  When the slipstreamed files are burned without an attempt to make the cd bootable Autorun kicks in and the OS can be installed with all updates so it seems there is nothing wrong with the slipstreaming.

I have followed the Roxio instructions for burning a bootable cd and so far have used a bootable floppy and a downloaded .img file to try to burn the bootfiles without success.  The cd burned using the floppy image files boots to Dos and Setup cannot run in a Dos environment, the downloaded .img file causes bootup to freeze at the "boot from cd:" line.

Can someone advise how to include an image file, in the burning process, which will make the cd bootable?

Thanks

What bootimg file did you use ? ?
    Check Here  for the correct one.
    The one for Win2K is about 1/2 way down the page.
    If Roxio still doesn't do it correctly DLoad and install CDBurnerXP Pro for Free and give it a try.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "