Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Website Validation  (Read 3566 times)

Tamnet

Topic Starter

Rookie

Website Validation
    « on: February 19, 2008, 01:03:46 PM »
    Shoul i have to validate my website to the validatores in order to host my site on the WEB/WWW.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Website Validation
    « Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 01:34:37 PM »
    What? I don't understand your question....

Deerpark

Egghead
      « Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 01:40:40 PM »
      What validators?
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Tamnet

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 02:38:12 PM »
        HTML validation

i mean this refer > http://validator.w3.org/[/url]

Deerpark

Egghead
          « Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 02:44:56 PM »
          No it is not necessary but a validated page is more likely to be rendered correctly by browsers. But if you're worried about how the page looks in different browsers you should test it with various browsers yourself. A HTML validator won't catch everything.

Quote from the W3C FAQ:
          Why should I validate my HTML pages?

One of the important maxims of computer programming is: Be conservative in what you produce; be liberal in what you accept.

Browsers follow the second half of this maxim by accepting Web pages and trying to display them even if they're not legal HTML. Usually this means that the browser will try to make educated guesses about what you probably meant. The problem is that different browsers (or even different versions of the same browser) will make different guesses about the same illegal construct; worse, if your HTML is really pathological, the browser could get hopelessly confused and produce a mangled mess, or even crash.

That's why you want to follow the first half of the maxim by making sure your pages are legal HTML. The best way to do that is by running your documents through one or more HTML validators.
          Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
          Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Tamnet

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 05:58:10 AM »
            HTML validation

i mean this refer > http://validator.w3.org/[/url]
            No it is not necessary but a validated page is more likely to be rendered correctly by browsers. But if you're worried about how the page looks in different browsers you should test it with various browsers yourself. A HTML validator won't catch everything.

Quote from the W3C FAQ:
            Why should I validate my HTML pages?

One of the important maxims of computer programming is: Be conservative in what you produce; be liberal in what you accept.

Browsers follow the second half of this maxim by accepting Web pages and trying to display them even if they're not legal HTML. Usually this means that the browser will try to make educated guesses about what you probably meant. The problem is that different browsers (or even different versions of the same browser) will make different guesses about the same illegal construct; worse, if your HTML is really pathological, the browser could get hopelessly confused and produce a mangled mess, or even crash.

That's why you want to follow the first half of the maxim by making sure your pages are legal HTML. The best way to do that is by running your documents through one or more HTML validators.

Iam have already try to do what you are saying me now but it's a little bit boring .

it only say "this document type " will not permit you to do this ... to do that and so on
            i can not get or tell me /"the validator" what specifically one has to do i mean a very open option to do such task

Thank you anyways if you have any other thing to tell me , you are welcomed anytime

bye
            Tamnet