Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Burning a DVD (Need help fast)  (Read 2227 times)

John Chain

Burning a DVD (Need help fast)
« on: January 16, 2005, 12:54:21 AM »
Well I got the DVD burner and burnt my first DVD. It seems the .vob, .bup, and .ifo files only included the video/audio but no menu. Either way. I tried playing this DVD on another computer. The other computer didn't recognize it (it has a DVD-ROM) and my DVD player said it couldn't play it. That's odd. It works perfectly fine on the computer in which I made the DVD on. Someone tell me what's up.  

I burned the DVD on an XP computer.  

The other computer I have is an old Compaq with 98SE. It has played DVD's before.  

My DVD player is a standard DVD player I guess, it has played many DVD's.

I burned this on to a DVD+R without any problems using Nero 6.

My DVD player supports DVD+R format. Not sure about my computer though.

I have DVD-R disks, my burner came with a DVD+R disk so I used it. Do you recomend a disk I should be using?

When I said the part about how it plays on the computer in which I made it, I mean...

I burned it with my new external DVD burner and played it in the DVD-ROM drive (seperate drive that is internal).

When I put it on my other computer, the drive did the same thing as last time and acted like it didn't know what it was. Maybe the disk wasn't finalized correctly?

But then how would it play on my other DVD-ROM drive?

I made a new topic so my questions weren't all scattered. Well they still kind of are. Any help would be great.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Burning a DVD (Need help fast)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 09:05:56 AM »
It could be that the CD's were not finalized corectly... Also, it could be that you are using bad CDs.... I would use the ones that the manufacturer gave me first, but it depends on who the manufacturer of the CDs woudl be...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

John Chain

Re: Burning a DVD (Need help fast)
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 09:24:27 AM »
That's what I am thinking. I used Nero to burn the DVD, everyone told me that was one of the best burning softwares. Are there any others? I don't want to waste DVD-R disks since you can't rewrite to them.