Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Altec speakers not working with certain computers?  (Read 3133 times)

Gritoit

Altec speakers not working with certain computers?
« on: February 21, 2008, 01:24:28 AM »
So I have an altec Lansing set of computor speakers (listed 2c52) and they work in my friends computer and as well in my laptop, however when I plug them into my home computor (Emachines model W5233) it doesn't work in either the audio out port or the head phone jack on the outside. 

I also checked to see if it was certain audio devices and none of them work.

Next I checked to see if rolling back or updating my audio drivers would work.

Then I check to see if other users were getting simular problems (nothing).

As well I checker the volume control options and settings.

Finally I pluged in another set of speakers that I have to check and those speakers work?

Anyways if anyone has any ideas on what might be wrong please get back to me.

As well if I can provide any further info to help with diagnosing the problem please just leave me a mesage detailing what info I should post thanks for any help in advance.

Gritoit

Aditional system info:

I am running windows Vista Home Edition

Intel Pentium D 925 dual core running at 3 Gig

Motherboard (EliteGroup) model 945GTC-M3

Gritoit

Re: Altec speakers not working with certain computers?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 02:01:54 AM »
I was poking around some more and found this:

under system properties for system speakers however when I click on updating the drivers it says I already have the most up to date ones?

n Intel(R) 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Controller - 27B8

No drivers are installed for this device.

Gritoit

Re: Altec speakers not working with certain computers?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 02:35:07 AM »
Everyone who looked over my problem thank you.  I finaly got it to work.  In the end I did the above then I reinstaled the drivers and codecs.  Restarted my computor and once again it seemed like it didn't work.  I then realised that when the speakers are pluged in it asked what type and number of speakers you have in your system.  I input mine all the origional times as a sub woofer due to the fact that the line out leads to it first.  By changing that setting to headphones or any other normal set of speakers it recognises the system.  (It seems that the older versions of windows don't ask you what type of speakers you are using <plug and play?>)

Gritoit