Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Vista Home Premium Permissions  (Read 3646 times)

surrey100

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Windows Vista Home Premium Permissions
    « on: February 20, 2008, 03:24:31 PM »
    Hi I did the following on my guest user account a few months ago which I can't seem to be able to reverse. In my guest account I went to C drive > user accounts then clicked my account (my name and I am the administrator) and it wouldn't let me in. I then did something which I can't remember and it gave me permission/ access so now all my documents etc in my acocunt can be used viewed via the guest account. When I did it I remeber this greeen bar at the top of teh window which took about 5 mins to load before it said I had access. How do I reverse this so no other account can use my files?

Thank you

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Permissions
    « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 08:07:26 PM »
    Are you sure, it's standard Guest Account, not (new)User Account? Default Guest Account doesn't have permission to access your files, install programs, etc.

surrey100

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 06:59:49 AM »
      Yes 100% sure its a standard Guest account as I created it by clicking 'turn guest account on'. Please help.

surrey100

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 07:07:31 AM »
        I (think) this is what I did - I clicked my user account while in guest account (went to C: > user accounts >clicked the folder with my name) A message then came up saying 'you don't have access to this account/these folders - Do you want access to this account/these folders'. (I can't remember the exact words). I clicked yes, entered my password ina box that appeared > the vista green loading bar appeared at teh top of teh window which took a few minutes to load then I had access to all my files via the guest account.

How do I reverse this so the guest account does not have access to my files?

Thank you

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 07:55:39 AM »
        It would be easier to create a brand new account with the priviledges set as you like transfer the User name and delete the old one...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Broni

Mastermind
        • Kraków my love :)
          • Computer Help Forum
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 09:52:32 AM »
        and delete the old one
        I don't think, you can delete Guest Account, or I'm wrong?

surrey100
        THIS may help.