Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Audio not workin  (Read 2037 times)

boredom113

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Audio not workin
    « on: February 20, 2008, 10:21:55 PM »
    I just turned on my computer today and when i went to play my music in media player it is sayin this:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.

It worked yesterday and i cant figure it out.....

the speakers work fine and everything is plugged in right....checked in sound controls......uhhh........And when i go into the sounds and audio devices dialog box, under all the default devices tab it says there are no devices installed......im not sure if i need to reinstall a driver or what.....

it is an hp comp. with XP pro.....it just as the stok sound tha it came with...so I wouldnt even know were to find a driver...like i said, it was working yesterday....so i dont know wats up....

Any help is greatly appreciated,
    thanks, Mike
    : )+<Mike>+( :    : )+<Mike>+( :     : )+<Mike>+( :    : )+<Mike>+( :    : )+<Mike>+( :     : )+<Mike>+( :     : )+<Mike>+( :

geoff-h3o

Rookie

Re: Audio not workin
      « Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 02:06:52 AM »
      You should get more info if you run the troublshooter in  sound speech & audio dev, ( bottom left of screen).  Or HP site should have info on the device installed, & a driver.

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Audio not workin
      « Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 02:31:12 AM »
      check the device manager, see if any yellow mark or something like that.
      Try to re-install the driver, if you don't have the driver knowing the brand of your motherboard already enough.Then Travel to the mobo web and download the latest driver. If you don't know what brand you have, download everest and learn to use it.

http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?ps=UE&lang=en