Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Where is...  (Read 3579 times)

chris48083

Where is...
« on: January 16, 2005, 10:10:01 PM »
Where is the file C:/RECYCLERS?

nortan has been yelling at me that i have viruses there.  It cant auto delete them either

chmatthew

Re: Where is...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 10:48:23 PM »
Empty your recycle bin.  See what that does.   "Recycler" is a hidden folder (directory) so you won't be able to see it unless you tell Windows to show hidden files / folders (which is really okay to do but be aware that these folders / files are hidden for your proection).  

To unhide: in Windows Explorer go to Tools >  Folder Options > View > Show Hidden Files and Folders.

chris48083

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 10:35:35 AM »
I know its not a hidden file, i already tried that one  ;)

chmatthew

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 08:52:11 PM »
Look at the message again: is it C:\RECYCLER or C:/RECYCLERS ???  

The 2nd is not even a valid name so that is bogus if it says that.  You've got other problems, then.

If it really is C:\RECYCLER then it IS a hidden / system file.  Check your views settings again for your folders.  

While you are showing hidden / system files / folders check if you can see other hidden files: the cache file (swap file) and/or LOCAL SETTINGS folder under your profile or others' profiles under C:\Documents and Settings\