Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wireless connection doesn't work  (Read 4715 times)

associates

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    wireless connection doesn't work
    « on: January 17, 2008, 11:45:34 PM »
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me here. I've got a problem with the wireless connection. I went to check to see if i could configure the wireless setting under network connections. When i right clicked on the wireless network connection, there usually would be three tabs on the top namely General, wireless network and Advanced. However, all i could find were only General and Advanced. The wireless network tab seems to have been missing.

I also checked to see if the user has the administrator permission in the user accounts under control panel and it said computer administrator. So i believe the user is the administrator.

I don't know how to work around this. Could anyone help me on this?

Note: when i login as administrator, the wireless connection works like a charm without any problems at all. This problem only occurs when i login as someone but that someone is also the administrator. What's the difference here? very bizarre.

BTW, the machine runs on windows XP Pro.

Thank you in advance

viking

Adviser
    • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
      Re: wireless connection doesn't work
      « Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 07:39:34 AM »
      Home computer?

associates

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
        « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 11:02:08 PM »
        Hi Viking,

Yes, it's a home computer. The wireless connection tab appears in the wireless network connection under control panel when only logging in as administrator.

Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance

Suad

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:49:43 PM »
          I am facing the same problem at the college with the students laptops..... so if any one knows how to solve this problem please guide us.

Thank you

bison

Starter

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 05:52:11 PM »
            This may help:

Enable Wireless Zero Configuration

1. Start, right click My Computer, Manage

2. In Services and Applications, look for Wireless Zero Configuration

3. Make sure the Status is started and Startup type is set to automatic.  If not double click and set it accordingly.

If it works, you should get the tab for Wireless Connections between General and Advanced.  Ensure you have the latest drivers for you wireless addapter.

For more help:

www.ihome-wireless-network.com