Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need for Speed High Stakes Graphic Problems  (Read 9498 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Need for Speed High Stakes Graphic Problems
    « on: February 23, 2008, 06:35:05 AM »
    Pentium 4 Socket 478, BioStar Board P4M80-M4, DDR RAM 1 GB, SATA Drives 160 GB 320 GB, HDA Digital X Mystique 7.1 Gold, Radeoon X 1300

I ran this game and during the race the graphics are poor an fuzzy.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
      • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Need for Speed High Stakes Graphic Problems
    « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 06:37:34 AM »
    How about PSU? Is your computer well ventilated?
    "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
    --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 06:48:49 AM »
      I have a front fan a side fan a cpu fan and a back fan.  The cpu has a large heatsink so I think that its ventialting well.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

lordvader781

Intermediate
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 06:35:44 AM »
        Hey, that's my favorite of the NFS series.

Anyways, to help you with your problem, I'm assuming you've already set the games detail settings to max.
        What you'll need to to do is navigate through the start menu until you find the game.  Somewhere in the there should be something about Direct3D.  Click on it and when it appears change the setting and click OK.  It may give you a warning, but just ignore it.

I assume this is what your problem is.  If not I'll need more information in order to help you.

- lordvader781

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 10:43:19 AM »
          Cool Thks man,  :o Yeah there to the max in the game.  I'll have to try that.  Will get back if it does or doesn't.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 04:46:54 AM »
            Okay I tired it an ignored the message.  When I go to play the game it loads the play screen but it wont load the game its self.  I end up back at the desktop.

lordvader781

Intermediate
              « Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 07:34:21 AM »
              First off, when you say it loads the play screen, do you mean the screen before you begin racing?  Second, what is your operating system.  If it is Windows 2000 or Windows XP you'll need to get the 'patch'.  It's actually a dll file from NFS Porsche Unleashed.  I believe it's called nfspatch10.exe.  You should be able to find it on any of the major addon sites.  The reason for the patch is because of the way NFSHS utilizes your graphics card.  You'll probably want to have the latest patch for NFSHS installed first before installing the fix.  If this doesn't fix it than I'm currently at a loss as to what to do next.

- lordvader781

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 09:55:44 AM »
                I mean the little screen that comes up saing if you want to run the game.  I have XP Home edition.  Sorry been tring to fix other errors with this pc.

lordvader781

Intermediate
                  « Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 11:37:25 AM »
                  Since you have XP you'll definately need the patch for it to work.  The patch may not completely solve it, but it is definately a step in the right direction.

- lordvader781

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 04:12:02 PM »
                    I googled it but I cant find it.  Whats the url??

lordvader781

Intermediate
                      « Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 05:55:00 AM »
                      I'm pretty sure nd4spdworld.com has it.  I not 100% on that because I am currently at school and all gaming sites are blocked.  If you search for 'nfspatch10.exe' you'll get several links that should have it.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                        • Yes
                        • Yes
                        • BC-Programming.com
                      « Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 06:22:29 AM »
                      Would Said Patch fix a problem I'm having after upgrading my graphics card? I am getting really bad FPS with a Radeon 9250, whereas my old 7000VE (which is screwed up), could run it I'd say at least 30fps (my computer is 350Mhz...). I tried reducing the Detail and other graphics settings, but no luck. in Fact, 640x480 is slower than 1024x768.

I also have porsche unleashed so I really only need to know what dll file it is.
                      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

lordvader781

Intermediate
                        « Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 09:03:41 AM »
                        I don't see how this patch would fix your problem.  Anyways you won't need it.  The file d3da.dll is included with Porsche Unleashed.  High Stakes doesn't handle newer cards as well as PU and happens to use the same dll just an older version. This thread here may be of some use to the both of you.

- lordvader781

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 09:53:29 AM »
                          Would Said Patch fix a problem I'm having after upgrading my graphics card? I am getting really bad FPS with a Radeon 9250, whereas my old 7000VE (which is screwed up), could run it I'd say at least 30fps (my computer is 350Mhz...). I tried reducing the Detail and other graphics settings, but no luck. in Fact, 640x480 is slower than 1024x768.

I also have porsche unleashed so I really only need to know what dll file it is.

If your having problems start your own theard please.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                          • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                            • Yes
                            • Yes
                            • BC-Programming.com
                          « Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 09:25:49 AM »
                          I wasn't trying to hijack the thread. I really just needed to know the name of the dll  from Porsche Unleashed that the patch puts in the HS dir so I could do it myself.
                          I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.