Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer Wont See Cartage.  (Read 7265 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Printer Wont See Cartage.
    « on: February 23, 2008, 06:49:23 PM »
    I cleaned the print head on my epson c82 an it says that the cartage is low so I put in  another one that should have more in it.  The printer wont see it or any of the other cartages. 
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

KnowItAll

Re: Printer Wont See Cartage.
    « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 09:37:10 PM »
    buy a new cartridge until it works

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 05:00:49 AM »
      How many would that take?
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Dias de verano

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 05:29:47 AM »
      If you have bought a non-Epson cartridge this may not be recognised because Epson put a chip in the cartridge.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 09:38:38 AM »
        I have another blk cartiage the same as the one that was in there.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 06:15:29 PM »
          Sorry this is an old post but I never did figure this out even thought I didnt mess with it since.  But I'd like to use it with my systems.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 06:22:09 PM »
            ANy Thoughts?

Dias de verano

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 06:27:53 PM »
            ANy Thoughts?

Stick the printer in the trash. Buy another one.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 06:31:15 PM »
              I dont like spending money if I dont have too.  I still have ink for it and its work otherwise.

Dias de verano

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 02:40:41 AM »
              I dont like spending money if I dont have too.

But you do have to. The old Epson is busted. You cannot fix it. It has gone to heaven. Let it go.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 05:16:22 AM »
                Never I know some Alchemy and can bring its soul back threw the gate.  For real.  Mite just have to try a new one then.

Dias de verano

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 05:26:22 AM »
                It might be worth trying this:

You could try gently cleaning the contact pads both in the cartridge holder and also on the cartridge(s) with a lint free cotton cloth which you have wetted with a small amount of cleaning alcohol.

Or a cotton bud as shown here

Let them dry before trying to use.

They may not look exactly like this picture but you get the idea?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 06:55:52 AM »
                  Yeah,  You mean like rubbing Alcohol? 

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  • Experience: Beginner
                  « Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 07:18:20 AM »
                  No  Jack Daniels.......................

Of course rubbing alcohol we've been through this before.
                  You should have some left from the last time it was explained.
                  " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Dias de verano

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 07:56:22 AM »
                  No  Jack Daniels.......................

Of course rubbing alcohol we've been through this before.
                  You should have some left from the last time it was explained.

You mean he's had this explained once already?  ::)

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  « Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 08:19:16 AM »
                  No....I believe it was cleaning RAM contacts but alcohol was involved.

Dias de verano

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 08:58:30 AM »
                  but alcohol was involved.

Isopropyl is pretty good but it is quite toxic if ingested.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 09:42:31 AM by Dias de verano »

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 09:40:42 AM »
                    No, it was the print head I use deoxit to clean my cards and Ram an such.  You could never know it mite work. ???

quaxo

Guru
                      • Yes
                    • Computer: Specs
                    • Experience: Guru
                    « Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 01:04:21 PM »
                    I cleaned the print head on my epson c82 an it says that the cartage is low so I put in  another one that should have more in it.  The printer wont see it or any of the other cartages. 

Sounds like you've replaced an old cartridge with another old cartridge.

Buy a new cartridge.

Dias de verano

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 01:09:51 PM »
                    These cartridges have chips in them and if the printer decides that a cartridge is empty it can lock it out. The chips have unique IDs so the printer will always remember that cartridge. Without the printer failing a new cartridge, I would not be ready to say there was anything wrong with it. I think maybe we have been wasting our time.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 06:39:10 PM »
                      Not really you learn something new everyday.

patio

• Genius
                      • Maud' Dib
                        • Yes
                      « Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 10:01:47 PM »
                      I wasn't aware Epson is doing that now...as far as i know it was HP and Canon that had the chips...Epson always stayed away from this and it was actually a selling point for some time.

Best way to find out is liook at the cartridge itself. If you see a thin strip that looks like a circuit board than the cartridges have it.

Dias de verano

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 03:13:49 AM »
                      I wasn't aware Epson is doing that now...as far as i know it was HP and Canon that had the chips...Epson  aways stayed away from this and it was actually a selling point for some time.

Epson have been doing it for some time, like over 6 years - see this article in The Register from 2003* and this Epson press release from March 2002**).  The cartridges for the C82 are certainly chipped.

* http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/07/08/epson_we_have_a_problem/

The Dutch Consumer Association Consumentenbond is telling its 650,000 members not to buy Epson inkjet cartridge printers because of a "deceptive smart chip".

[..]

Epson's microchip is known as 'Intellidge' and has become the norm for all new Epson printers.

** http://www.epson.co.uk/news_events/archive/release/mar02.htm

It is extremely cost effective to produce a photo collection using the Stylus Photo 950. Separate cartridges use Epson's Intellidge Chip to store print data and allow each colour to be replaced as required.

I am hurt that you didn't think I would check this before posting.  ;) :'(