Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sending EXE file using Yahoo  (Read 3597 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Sending EXE file using Yahoo
    « on: February 24, 2008, 04:00:43 AM »
    I have an exe file that I downloaded that I want to send to a few people.  That I want to install the moment the e-mails open.  I using yahoo.  Sorry only used to photo's an I know theres a size limit.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Deerpark

Egghead
      Re: Sending EXE file using Yahoo
      « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 04:20:32 AM »
      That I want to install the moment the e-mails open.
      That is an extremely bad idea and thankfully not possible in any new email client.
      Executing when the mail was opened was exactly how many email viruses spread a few years back.
      Why would you want to do that anyway? Although I would rather not think you were trying to do anything malicious I just can't imagine any legit reason for wanting to execute a program without explicit user consent.
      If your intentions really are good then zip the file and add it as an ordinary attachment.
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: Sending EXE file using Yahoo
        « Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 05:23:53 AM »
        No its a peice of software that I downloaded that a few of my friends were looking for an aren't to pc lit.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres