Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New Build Not Recognizing Mouse/Keyboard  (Read 2339 times)

Stogey

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

New Build Not Recognizing Mouse/Keyboard
    « on: February 24, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »
    I fixed that problem with my old hard drive, thanks to you guys.  Now my new computer is having a few issues.

I have everything running, but when I get to the diagnostic screen I can't go any further because my keyboard doesn't work.  By doesn't work I mean the keys don't work at all, no F1 F9 DEL or LEDs at all.

I'm using a 570 SLI ver 5.x motherboard and the keyboard/mouse are both USB converted to PS2.

Dias de verano

Re: New Build Not Recognizing Mouse/Keyboard
    « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 01:33:49 PM »
    Are the motherboard headers connected properly to the case outlets? Have you tried 'em in USB ports?

Stogey

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 03:44:10 PM »
      I've tried the USB ports on the motherboard and case, neither works.  Do you mean the 3 pin headers near the USB and PS2 ports on the motherboard?  I thought that might be the problem, but my friend's computer doesn't have anything plugged up to those either, and his works fine.

I'm trying to find my camera to give you guys a little more information.

Dias de verano

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 03:47:48 PM »
      Did you get an assembly manual / motherboard manual? They are better guides than what your friend says...

Stogey

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 03:58:24 PM »
        My friend(a) didn't say anything, I just checked his motherboard to see if I could learn anything from his setup.  He has the exact same motherboard and nothing plugged into the 3 pin headers on it, and a PS2 keyboard.  I think I left the manual at his house, but I remember it saying those connectors supplied power to the ports.  Which is why I thought it weird he didn't have anything plugged up to them.

Edit:  I just talked to another friend(b)/downloaded the manual, and friend(c) that was there when I put the motherboard in took off what appeared to be safety caps.  Turns out they were there for a reason.  Problem solved, thanks for the input, Dias.
        « Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 04:15:05 PM by Stogey »

TINK777

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 11:44:36 AM »
        have you enabled usb in cmos ad a similar prob myself worked for me